Wholsalers in Bangkok

I'm interested in researching large warehouse outlets in Bangkok that supply the shops and businesses in Thailand. The places that the smaller shops buy their goods from whole sale for cheaper prices. I'm particularly interested in ornamental and hand crafted Thai items. Any information would be appreciated. Even names would be a start. My Thai wife has told me the name of one wholesaler she remembered called (phonetical translation) "bow bay" but we can't find it.

Which are the largest ones and what are their names?

• 2 weeks later...

My Thai wife has told me the name of one wholesaler she remembered called (phonetical translation) "bow bay" but we can't find it.

I think your wife is referring to the Bobae Market. Its a large garment wholesale center in BKK.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Try Pratunam, Pahurat, Pak Khlong Talat, Bo-Bae...to name a few...

Cheers www.snakephoto.blogspot.com

• 2 months later...

Pratunam is certainly good for clothes.

Also try JJ (Chatuchak). I know a number of BGs who buy goods wholesale there in order to make a bit of extra money on the side.

I second Chatuchak -- lots of clothing wholesalers there, but I don't remember if I've seen knick knacks (wholesale). I've also walked through a couple of wholesale markets in or around Chinatown, but I can't remember exactly where.

I second Chatuchak -- lots of clothing wholesalers there, but I don't remember if I've seen knick knacks (wholesale). I've also walked through a couple of wholesale markets in or around Chinatown, but I can't remember exactly where.

nearly all of the stalls at chatuchak market will wholesale stuff to you if you order enough from them

would ornaments ect you are best getting from chang mai

thats where a lot are made

I forgot about Chinatown. There are lots of wholesale shops between Hua Lampong and Yarowat Road. You will find whole shops selling just one item. Last time I bought some really old buddha statues from one of these stores.

• 3 months later...

I forgot about Chinatown. There are lots of wholesale shops between Hua Lampong and Yarowat Road. You will find whole shops selling just one item. Last time I bought some really old buddha statues from one of these stores.

There are whole streets that appear to be dedicated to one item or category of items. One of my favorites is the line of street shops selling USED DENTURES and false teeth, for crying out loud!!

There is a whole electronics street that I wish I could find again. Stores selling all kinds of components- chips, transistors, etc.- and again, a line of street shops with guys fixing fan motors. I've got 3 perfectly fine, not cheap fans that need their bushings oiled or their armatures rewound or some such nonsense.

BTW, that was NOT some cleverly coded sex talk.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

There are whole streets that appear to be dedicated to one item or category of items. One of my favorites is the line of street shops selling USED DENTURES and false teeth, for crying out loud!!

There is a whole electronics street that I wish I could find again. Stores selling all kinds of components- chips, transistors, etc.- and again, a line of street shops with guys fixing fan motors. I've got 3 perfectly fine, not cheap fans that need their bushings oiled or their armatures rewound or some such nonsense.

BTW, that was NOT some cleverly coded sex talk.

look here the place you may want is at one end of the school or in the big mall on the corner.