How to Tell the Age on Thai ID Cards

A Thai id card may be very confusing, especially figuring out how old someone from Thailand is. A Thai ID card carries the Buddhist calendar year instead of the Western/Gregorian calendar year. The Buddhist calendar is hundreds years ahead of the Western calendar'

1. Locate the third line down on the ID card,  which is the date of birth,the first line is the persons first name and the second is the last name.

2.locate the year of birth which is the Buddhist (it should start with 25 and be four digits) Thai year which is not the same as the western year.

for example, if the ID reads that they were born in"2535" to Translate subtract 543 which would be1992 in the United States

3.Subtract the western calendar year from the current year 2014 from1992 you will get 22 for the age.

You can also just look at the age in English.  The Thai ID's now have the dates in English on them.  I'm not exactly sure when they started to put the dates in English on them, but it has been for a few years now. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

for example, if the ID reads that they were born in"2535" to Translate subtract 543 which would be1992 in the United States

That's an amazing coincidence!

I worked it out and it's 1992 n Australia too. I wonder if its the same in Europe?

:)

That's an amazing coincidence!

I worked it out and it's 1992 n Australia too. I wonder if its the same in Europe?

:)

yep , you are right !! 

i didnt really believe it was possible but it was .......1992!!!!

how is that possible ??????