Airport taxi to Sukhumvit

fun4two

• 1 month later...

Just ask any of the Booths selling what ever when you are leaving. Ask them where Public Taxis are you pay 50 baht extra say Meter 400 baht, I have even gone upstairs/esculators to Arrivals and caught Taxi dropping off people. They are abit nervous, but never been refused. Always, when your in any taxi in Bangkok say Meter, Meter if they No, just flag them off. The next one will steer in and put his meter on.

Just ask any of the Booths selling what ever when you are leaving. Ask them where Public Taxis are you pay 50 baht extra say Meter 400 baht, I have even gone upstairs/esculators to Arrivals and caught Taxi dropping off people. They are abit nervous, but never been refused. Always, when your in any taxi in Bangkok say Meter, Meter if they No, just flag them off. The next one will steer in and put his meter on.

Un42n8ly we cant do this anymore, they have installed one way turnstiles plus a guard at each so u cant climb over the fence

I get the train now if it is still running when I arrive

• 7 months later...

hey guys, arriving bkk jan.2...will taxi take me to Aloft hotel (soi 11) or just drop me at sukhumvit and I have to walk?

Taxi should take you right to front door of your hotel. Should be up to you if you want to get out early.

thx bob, had a driver tell me in sept he drop me on odd side of sukhumvit only, had to cross over and walk all the way down soi 6 to get to my hotel...

I think he would have had to travel up to Asok to make a U-turn.  Sometimes traffic is gridlocked in this area so he just wanted another easy fare after giving you the boot.  He should have taken a different exit and traveled down Asok to get to the even numbered sois on Sukhumvit if coming from the airport.  In cases like this you can't ask, you have to demand.  The airport will give you a number for complaints and your taxi driver/car info so everything is documented.  At the airport, they also have your destination listed on the paper they give you and the driver so he already knows where you're going before leaving the airport.  Once he accepts you he's obligated to follow through.  Some of these yahoos will attempt to pull a fast one, but stand your ground and they'll do what's expected of them.

Edited by Scoop

agreed---one point, if you are arriving in the evening, it will be chaos....Soi 11 is very busy on Friday nights, so hopefully he will approach the hotel from the back side and not from the Suk.

either way, the fare is to the hotel

safe travels