Airport taxi to Sukhumvit

fun4two

• 2 weeks later...

any recommendations for BKK taxi services you can book in advance (via their website etc) ?

any recommendations for BKK taxi services you can book in advance (via their website etc) ?

Mis Khemika Pravai Taxe Service -> You can also book for several days? And the price for one day? Many thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

just got downstairs - follow signs for taxi..queue up and take the ticket from the machine (in the pic above) and tell them the hotel.

You might want to print out he hotel name/address in Thai before you get there just in case.

Also- - there are tolls on the way to BKK. . .so tell the taxi driver "use the meter and I will pay tolls"  Often times they do not want to use the metro because newbies argue about the tolls (75 baht)

have fun!

All,

I am arriving BKK Sat 14th Feb at 16:00.  Can someone let me know where I need to go to get a taxi to the Landmark hotel sukhumvit?

Thanks

Yeah just go to the taxi rank, a bit of a jaunt .You will be fine ,don't get tempted by  hassle for taxis before you get to the rank as you will pay through the nose.Good idea to have some small notes for the tolls as some drivers ask for it.They all give you your change,Nice hotel by the way.

just got downstairs - follow signs for taxi..queue up and take the ticket from the machine (in the pic above) and tell them the hotel.

You might want to print out he hotel name/address in Thai before you get there just in case.

Also- - there are tolls on the way to BKK. . .so tell the taxi driver "use the meter and I will pay tolls" Often times they do not want to use the metro because newbies argue about the tolls (75 baht)

have fun!

Thanks how much should I pay?

Last week took the trip to Grand Majestic on Soi 2.

Went downstairs. Stood on line to get my ticket. The ticket told me what parking spot my taxi would be at. Taxi pulled to the spot in 2 minutes.

Driver asked if I'll pay 500 baht total. I laughed and just said meter. Off we went with the meter on.

75 baht in tolls which he asked me for small bills on the way. Around 350 baht meter rate for the life of me I can't remember if that included the 50 surcharge for airport or if I paid 50 more on top of that.

The ticket from the airport says the drivers name and ID number in case you have issues so don't think they have leeway to mess around.

A sign to the right of the ticket que also had a number on it to call if problems with the taxi. I snapped a pic of it on my smartphone while waiting on the line.

Overall a pretty fast and easy experience to get out of the airport.