Wonderful Soi 11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

good compilation of pictures .. I often stay soi 11 .. salil and President Palace .. and will again this april 2015 stay in both ..

its always a good soi .. even when the bars shut .. the hi-ace open for the desperate ..

will enjoy again ..

peter

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Was in apotheke a week ago. Always loved the place for a chill bottle of wine, nice date atmosphere, and great music. Unfortunate and quite sad that the regular singer, musician had a heart attack and passed away recently. Nice that they left a memorial photo on the wall.

Angel City Diner has been replaced by Coyote, now serving overpriced, crap, Mexican food.  Take my advice and walk over to La Monita Taqueria at Ploenchit, you'll be glad you did.

DSC_6254.jpg

Aloft got painted up

DSC_6256.jpg

The old Federal Hotel has been replaced by a showroom for The Hyde

DSC_6260.jpg

From the Cheap Charlie cul-de-sac, Chez Pape now serving daily lunch specials.

DSC_6261.jpg

Always meant to try this Tappas place next door

DSC_6262.jpg

Snapper

DSC_6264.jpg

Cheap Charlie Bar

DSC_6266.jpg

• Upvote 1

At the Sukhumvit end, El Gaucho Argentinean Steakhouse, home of the 750 baht Cheese and Bacon Burger, opened near the Grand Swiss Hotel.  Good place for imported steaks.

DSC_7870.jpg

Pomodaro still going strong

DSC_7874.jpg

At the T, there's the Holiday Inn Express

DSC_7897.jpg

DSC_7882.jpg

...with a new bar

DSC_7888.jpg

The Italian restaurant on the Soi 13 connector is now Dubai Restaurant

DSC_7893.jpg

Lot's of Shisha, baby!

DSC_7926.jpg

DSC_7877.jpg

The old St. Regis is now the Elite Musical Theater, whatever that is

DSC_7919.jpg

Looking down the Soi

DSC_7921.jpg

Q-Bar changed it's name

DSC_7898.jpg

New kid on the block is Wolff's

DSC_7918.jpg

• Upvote 3

Thanks for updating the thread, good pics and info. I tend to stay at Citadines in soi 11 often, versus a hotel.

ex tgf managed snapper for a while, I still go there often for decent fish and chips. Also, Nest is a nice rooftop bar down around the corner at the end of the Soi. Seen some great live acts there in a very chilled out environment.

Heading back up to bkk tmr might try the steakhouse....

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

I’m due to return to Thailand very soon after a four year absence. This thread, and the excellent photos within, brings back a lot of memories and I’ll be interested to see how Soi 11 has changed (it’s where I’ll be staying on my upcoming trip).

I do worry how much of the nightime character has been taken away now that the food stalls and camper vans have been forced out.

I’m not sure where I’ll be eating at 2/3AM when I stumble merrily back to my hotel from a late night venue. And I’m also gutted to know Climax has gone! It seems it’s all change down wonderful Soi 11 but none of it seems for the better.

Soi 11 has changed heaps but I still like it as a place for a hotel and a bit of food. Soi 13 has a few good places to stay as well. Central and fairly quiet. My favourite hotels here are Citrus 13,Grand Swiss and Double One.  

Soi 11 is changing that's for sure. Like down Am Plaza all the massage shops were closed down on my visit last December. Soon the remaining ones will soon be gone, if not already.
That steakhouse near Double One hotel is gone too, it's some indian place now. 
That nightclub under Ambassador Hotel is closed. The cheap charlies bar is also closed.
But there is some new club that opened up on Soi 11, Insanity I think moved premises there, i'm not 100% sure.