Unexpectedly high HIV prevalence among female sex workers in Bangkok,

kopite

Holy shit.... 22% of streetwalkers have HIV? How can you not think that is high? That's insanely high. 2.5% for the girls working in bars is pretty high too, but that 20+% figure should be have alarm bells going off.

22% of girls purportedly volunteering for this study. Somehow I don't think most of the deaf hookers across from nana are participating.

That being said, they get fucked all night every night and aren't very discerning so I'm sure many are infected with HIV among other things.

Wrap up and hope for the best!

Kopite, you would hope that better sex education in Thailand (especially in schools), over the last six years, it might have reduced the number of younger girls willing to go without a condom (hopefully decreasing the transmisson rates).

However sure it wont be the case, a number of girls I have been with in Patts are willing/attempt to jump on you before you manage to bag up the little fella.

There is another thread going on the forum asking bareback or condom  :blink: hopefully this will be a wake up call for some of the bareback riders.......

How can you not think that is high? That's insanely high. 

I think OP meant that he expected the statistic to be lower, and that he found the report to be very high, which is why he started the thread. 

I agree that this statistic is insanely high and sort of confirms my plans to refrain from bottom bargain basement budget punting... if I read correctly. Will continue to enjoy gogos and perhaps branch out to beer bars as well  (of course sticking with massage ladies too). 

^correct

And if it's this high in Bangkok it can be this high or even higher elsewhere. I don't know when any comprehensive study has been done recently but I tbink if one was done it would be seen as damaging to the country so that may be why.

I see so many trip reports where guys are bare backing especially when for example posting pics in advanced sections. They either have nothing left to lose or already infected with something bad.

For those who do give a shit though be safe, have fun and remember no amount of temporary fun is worth risking your health over.

• 4 weeks later...

Man, this is a depressing statistic. Means every fourth or fifth freelancer bang is with someone who has HIV. I know condoms help but they still have risks, and over a few years in the game I wonder how likely it is to still catch HIV despite condom use.

There is no way these statistics can be accur8. How many FLs on Sukhumvit would voluntarily agree to being HIV tested (unless paid 2 do so on a quiet nite).

If a dude uses a dome, almost impossible to cop a nasty even from a FL. Even unprotected sex with an HIV positive partner is a 1:10,000 chance of copping it.

But u gotta ask urself y a FL is on Sukhumvit Road n not in a bar

4 me, the problem with FLs is that they can be thiefs and it is a hassle to have to bring all ur valuables in2 the shower with you.

I've taken FLs from Nana hotel parking lot and with 1 xception always had very good experiences. I wouldnt take a FL from an other part of Sukhumvit though

Just my thoughts

Having sex with condom on also may not prevent from STD's. Got chlamydia even when i wore condom. That shit is so highly infectious..Azithromycin did its job well in curing...