Unexpectedly high HIV prevalence among female sex workers in Bangkok,

kopite

Kopite, you would hope that better sex education in Thailand (especially in schools), over the last six years, it might have reduced the number of younger girls willing to go without a condom (hopefully decreasing the transmisson rates).

However sure it wont be the case, a number of girls I have been with in Patts are willing/attempt to jump on you before you manage to bag up the little fella.

There is another thread going on the forum asking bareback or condom  :blink: hopefully this will be a wake up call for some of the bareback riders.......

surprised to hear you say that every girl i,ve been with in Pattaya has told me to wear something and they didn,t mean my socks

Man, this is a depressing statistic. Means every fourth or fifth freelancer bang is with someone who has HIV. I know condoms help but they still have risks, and over a few years in the game I wonder how likely it is to still catch HIV despite condom use.

i took malaria tablets when i was in africa and still caught it.malaria that is

A very difficult subject to get any firm peer reviewed data on for obvious reasons. However, I believe for a male having unprotected vaginal sex with a HIV positive female the chances of contracting the infection are quite low (1 in several thousand) but that assumes you have no wounds/cuts on your cock. Rememebr 1 in several thousand does not mean you will be safe doing it once or twice as the infrection is equally likely to happen on the first or the thousandth occassion.

The virus has to get into your blood through a break in the skin. Anal sex is much more likely to cause the skin on your cock to be broken/damaged than vaginal sex hence the risk is much greater. If you are covered up then this lowers the risk considerably but just like any STD it will not be zero.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

good post koko 

more info for ya godzuki 

http://www.cdc.gov/condomeffectiveness/brief.html

Consistent and correct use of the male latex condom reduces the risk of sexually transmitted disease (STD) and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) transmission. However, condom use cannot provide absolute protection against any STD. The most reliable ways to avoid transmission of STDs are to abstain from sexual activity, or to be in a long-term mutually monogamous relationship with an uninfected partner.

I realise, obviously, that there are different types of condoms, and that they may not prevent all STD infections, but neither of those links corroborate the statement "not all condoms protect against disease - some just for pregnancy". Indeed, it states that coloured condoms (for example) provide the same amount of protection as regular condoms, provided they are also made of latex. I get that cheap condoms could tear and lose their effectiveness, but otherwise I'd have thought that, in general, latex condoms are latex condoms.

On my last trip to Pattaya, just last month, I took home a very nice girl from a beer bar in Soi 7.

I couldn't finish using a condom but we both had a good time trying.

A couple of hours later some sleepy cuddling got more serious and she guided me inside her and pulled me towards her.

I went with it and had no trouble finishing bareback. And again in the morning.

Bad, bad. bad idea, even though it felt great at the time.

HIV is actually well down the list of things to worry about. An incurable superbug strain of gonorrhea is thousands of times more contagious, literally. Not to mention pregnancy - you think the girls all take secondary precautions? Fortunately I'm shooting blanks.

I don't know why some girls are so keen to go bareback. There is so much more risk for them.