Chiang Mai - Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa

Have any forum members stayed at the Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa in Chiang Mai?   I've read some old reviews (comments) on their website and all were good, no negatives but there hasn't been any current reviews including the year 2013.  I'll be staying at the Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa in two weeks and any updated information on the hotel will be greatly appreciated. B)

Stayed there about 6 months ago, excellent place.

Big room, big bed, no joiner fee.

Girls didn't even have to check in at reception (can be a negative though)

Wifi in the room was bad, outside the room excellent.

Would stay there again for sure.

Any specifics you need to know?

DaveDV, thanks for confirming the positive/good reviews that were posted on their website.

No specifics I need to know, just a little concerned when I didn't see any reviews for 2013.

My first and last time in Chiang Mai was 10 years ago and I stayed at the Chiang Mai Plaza Hotel.

I've stayed there three times.

Good hotel, well priced. Beds maybe a bit hard. Fiddle with air con to get it right. Excellent breakfast. OK swimming pool. Tour desk in Reception is helpful.

Seven-11 nearby.

Outdoor massage parlour opposite, good for feet and legs after a day sight-seeing.

Up the road, several bars with girls. As I recall, 300 bar fine and 1500 for LT.

Ying and Yang 2 massage parlour, up the road and opposite. Ask for "Cartoon"; good massage and top class happy end, 500 all-up.

I've stayed there many times over the last few years and it remains my favorite hotel in Chiang Mai. Great service, nice rooms and excellent location. There is a good singer there each evening too. It's a short walk from the bars and the kick boxing soi.

• 1 year later...

I stayed at Raming Lodge earlier this year.  The room was okay but there was a problem with the air conditioning.  It was over cooling and not responding to adjustment of the control unit.  Just had to keep turning it on and off.

There was also some sort of mechanical noise coming in from outside the unit. 

The location of the hotel is quite good.