TEN *Must Do's* while in Bangkok. Besides P4P. Travel Tips

I can second the cooking class, a real good experience. Great fun to see all the chinese who didn´t cook much, they only took pictures of the food and each other. Recommended!

One of my favorite things in BKK is Rama IX Park. You have to take a taxi to get there, but it´s great. Bangkoks biggest park, beatifuled landscaped and lush. Go there in the afternoon and visit the big Train Market (Rod Fai, Bangkoks by far best night market), they are right next to each other.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Anyone try those bicycle tours or have any recommendations? I'm looking at Follow Me Bangkok because their meet up point looks easy to get to by BTS and their tours are half days (so I don't get all sweaty and burned in the afternoon).

Go to the top of Lebua to the Sky Bar and get a selfie screaming, "Its party time mother fuckers!!!" Then start an argument with the waiters and have ur girl take photos as ur dragged out by the scruff of the neck kicking and screaming.

When u get to the bottom, give them a wai, say ur sorry, tip them well and run like hell. If u can, grab ur phone off ur girl before u run. Bonus points if u can find a monkey to rent and throw it at them as ur running out the door....fd61269e3f677b7d35ff12bbaf72f0b6.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Go to the top of Lebua to the Sky Bar and get a selfie screaming, "Its party time mother fuckers!!!" Then start an argument with the waiters and have ur girl take photos as ur dragged out by the scruff of the neck kicking and screaming.

When u get to the bottom, give them a wai, say ur sorry, tip them well and run like hell. If u can, grab ur phone off ur girl before u run. Bonus points if u can find a monkey to rent and throw it at them as ur running out the door....fd61269e3f677b7d35ff12bbaf72f0b6.gif

That sounds almost like a movie script. 555

• 1 month later...

Are there any amusement parks or similar in bkk?

Dream World

Imagine Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Magic Mountains, Universal Studios and an obscure French Park all rolled into one, with half the attractions, and approximately at 1/3rd scale.

Oh, and elephants.

Girls dig it, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone try those bicycle tours or have any recommendations? I'm looking at Follow Me Bangkok because their meet up point looks easy to get to by BTS and their tours are half days (so I don't get all sweaty and burned in the afternoon).

I did a tour from Khao San Road which is the only time I ever been there - in order to meet our guide.

It was fab as we used very well looked after and good quality mountain bikes.  Crossed the river on the boat with our bike a few times and ended up biking in the out skirts where 99% of tourists have never been.  We were biking past villages and very poor areas but all the kids came out to wave and we spoke to a few. 

Its an excellent experience to see areas you never would.  It was quite some time back so don't know details but tripadvisor would be a good place to start.

• 11 months later...

A place I have visited and taken people to a number of times is The Snake Farm (Queen Saovabha Memorial Institute)

1871 Rama IV Road | Phathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand

http://www.saovabha.com/en/snakefarm_service.asp

Well worth a visit.

I second the snake farm and displays. Coming from a place with basically no snakes its great to learn about them. I would go again and its pretty cheap. Go in the afternoon when there is a presentation. I believe the morning show is milking venom but i could be wrong.

I would skip spice tours for bike tours. The guide wasn’t very good. Co van Kessle bike tours look good , they go out to the less traveled areas of bangkok. Not sure about the others.

I will chime in and say that the Van kessel 5 hour bike and boat tour is fantastic. I do it every time i am in BKK. Great every time.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk