Best Japanese in BKK ?

Try Hama-ichi on soi 29 next to the Legacy Suite hotel.  I ate there once and I was very satisfied with the menu options. I saw several Japaneses eating there at the time which for me is a good sign of an authentic Japanese restaurant.

• 6 months later...

Isao in Suk Soi 31

Sorry but as mentioned that it isn't authentic japanese, that restaurant is more like a factory of mediocre product. You sit in a small and crammed restaurants and see 12+ chefs working and working, yet still you can see 2-3 people do the same amount of work at a faster pace, and the end result is a small portion, kind of sloppily made for the most part, very mediocre taste... I literally needed two sushi rolls and another dish to get full, and I am not a big eater by any means. Their scallop dish (Volcano) was diced scallop in some sauce. Seriously, diced scallop?? "Best" is a way that I have a hard time understanding why people choose to describe random places...

The best J chow joints are in Silom Patpong area,

so I was told. Take a look down the street with all the J karaoke bars

I concur.  The Izakaya's in Patpong are great value and pretty authentic to Izakaya's in Japan (I lived there before).  It's not fancy Japanese food, but it's just good solid food to be washed down with an Asahi or shochu at the start of the night.

Ginza sushi ichi in the basement of Erawan. It's amazing, all fish less than 24 hours old flown in from the Tsukiji fish market in Tokyo. It's fabulously expensive - don't expect to have a bill less than about 15,000 baht for two people including sake. This is the Bangkok branch of the famous Michelin starred Tokyo restaurant of the same name.

Sushi Kanda in Thonglor. Also has fish from Tsukiji and is also expensive, although less so than Ginza Sushi Ichi.

Both these restaurants have very limited seating and so you need to book in advance.

EDIT: just noticed this is a REALLY old thread. I'm sure the OP found a suitable restaurant already  :D

Edited by js89

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/2/2017 at 6:46 PM, flsailor said:

Try Hama-ichi on soi 29 next to the Legacy Suite hotel.  I ate there once and I was very satisfied with the menu options. I saw several Japaneses eating there at the time which for me is a good sign of an authentic Japanese 

I have eaten here 3 times. First time, my Japanese colleague took me there and then 2 more times with friends. Ambience is very good and food is excellent. Also have a decent parking area. There is a big menu with good prices. Service is also very prompt and friendly. I have seen many Japanese eating and enjoying there drinks which confirms it's authenticity. As far as I am concerned, I loved the food here.

On 7/22/2017 at 9:10 AM, HedonisticMonk said:

I concur.  The Izakaya's in patpong are great value and pretty authentic to Izakaya's in Japan (I lived there before).  It's not fancy Japanese food, but it's just good solid food to be washed down with an Asahi or shochu at the start of the night.

Any recommendations? Restaurant name? I'm back in BKK in Jan and I really want to spend a full night in Patpong for a change. 

Cheers

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I have eaten here 3 times. First time, my Japanese colleague took me there and then 2 more times with friends. Ambience is very good and food is excellent. Also have a decent parking area. There is a big menu with good prices. Service is also very prompt and friendly. I have seen many Japanese eating and enjoying there drinks which confirms it's authenticity. As far as I am concerned, I loved the food here.

Again had a nice dinner with one of the cute lady from TF in Feb. She was Thai-Jap mix and found it very good. Service is rocking and i loved their sitting arrangements i.e. private cabin or in straight line. We tried smoked salmon, tempura and some sushi selected specially by her. Loved the Asahi beer super chilled and dry. [emoji481][emoji3577]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAdjustments.jpg.2219504a743557131ac83df99d0af597.jpg