Grand Swiss Hotel (Soi 11)

Coming to Bangkok in April and want to stay on Soi 11 in a guest friendly hotel..

I'm leaning towards booking the Grand Swiss Hotel, has anyone stayed here got any feedback on it? Is it guest friendly?

Is there better places on Soi 11 you would recommend I stay instead?

Hi Lev,

Thanks for the reply, I had a look at the President and it will defo either be there or the Grand Swiss I book.

I think I still prefer the modernness and location of the Swiss over the President, but the President has much bigger rooms. So I have a decision to make.

The Swiss emailed me back and confirmed they are guest friendly, so I'm just waiting to hear what the best price they can offer me on one of there better rooms is then I will compare it to the President and make my decision.

Cheers

• 7 months later...

Too late for OP but for anyone else searching on Grand Swiss - nice hotel, sharp design, big views from the top of the building if you're into that.

Their point of difference is an all-female staff (well it was last year when I stayed there). Uniforms become more elaborate the closer to guests the staff work. AT the bottom end the engineering staff where fancy boiler suits and cute little buzz cuts.

One of the Compass group who seem to take the whole hotel management gig pretty seriously.

• 1 month later...

stayed at the Grand Swiss in September and it was nice. average size room. nice bathroom. staff is nice and helpful. my room actually had a shower with a full length window into the main room. good for exhibitionists/voyeurs.  small pool and cafe on the 7th floor with a view of the city (if you're standing up). you can also order food and drinks poolside.

edit: i forgot to add that they have a nice rooftop lounge with a view of the city. nice if you want to score brownie points with your date.

guest friendly, but they will ask for your guest's ID. easy walking distance to Nana Plaza and Nana Station.

at first, i thought "what kind of f-ed up hotel doesn't have an elevator?" as i hiked up 6 floors with my 2 bags to my room. i must have been reeeeally tired after spending 30 hours en route to BKK as i walked right past the elevators that were located on the first landing of the stairs!!! but i soon discovered my stupidity when i took the elevator down to the first floor and found myself right at the lobby entrance.

• 4 weeks later...

Will check it out next time I am looking. Seems quit a few people prefer the Soi 11 area. Thanks for the information!

Everyone here makes it so easy to go again!

• 5 months later...

I stayed at the Grand Swiss recently. Great position near Sukhumvit Rd and the Nana BTS.

Rather odd designed with a steep flight of nine steps up to the lift from the foyer.  Awkward for people having to drag their luggage up and down them.  There was a couple with a baby in a stroller.  Bad choice of hotel for them.

The room was okay although the lighting arrangement could have been better.

The buffet breakfast was good but I will try somewhere else if I am in Bangkok again.

• 1 year later...

You can also try the ultra hip Aloft by Sheraton on soi 11. The XYZ club on the 10th floor is one of the hippest dance clubs in the Sukhumvit area. Guest friendly and across from the old Supper Club. Morning breakfast buffet is pricey but has the best selection in town. Pool on 12th floor but no Jacuzzi. Great place, opened about 5 years ago

I stayed here in 2014 for almost a week and for a stop over in 2016. It's a good hotel. Guest friendly. Well appointed rooms, great location. 
I think it's a little pricey, but if you can afford then stay there. 

• 1 month later...

Stayed at Grand Swiss, didn't like it. Asked for non smoking exec room, got a smoking room that stank. Staff flat out denied there was any smell, moved me to a cheaper room, no view, no refund, at least it didn't stink i guess. Lifts painfully slow and sometimes didn't come at all. Food was bad. Rude reception staff, talking about/slagging a mate and i off in front of us in Thai.