Hooters soi 15

I just stayed in Sofitel Sukhumvit. After good food for a whole day in the lounge. I decided to have some lousy American food. So what! I looked down from my hotel. The Hooters sign look sharp!

image.jpeg

Edited by wtko3888

Draft beer! 4 star hotel sell draft beers! No wonder they got rid of that. Good decision Four points!

Better than a chicken wings restaurant with a reputation for making people ill.

Did you ever go to the Beer Vault?  Have stayed at the Four Points many times and used to go there for a pre-drink.

And yes, a hotel bar with a decent selection of draft beer in Bangkok is a bit of rarity...can't recall any of the hotels near the Four Points that had more than one beer on draft (usually Chang or Heineken).

Better than a chicken wings restaurant with a reputation for making people ill.

Did you ever go to the Beer Vault? Have stayed at the Four Points many times and used to go there for a pre-drink.

And yes, a hotel bar with a decent selection of draft beer in Bangkok is a bit of rarity...can't recall any of the hotels near the Four Points that had more than one beer on draft (usually Chang or Heineken).

Sorry, I don't stay in 4 star hotel like Four Points. I usually stay in Sofitel.

Like I said in the post early. YOU HAVE BETTER EXPERTISE than the management of Sheraton and Hooters!

Edited by wtko3888

Sorry, I don't stay in 4 star hotel like Four Points. I usually stay in Sofitel.

Congratulations.  I've stayed at the Sofitel in BKK and the rooms are not much better than the Four Points, and definitely a big step down from the Sheraton Grande.  Only stand out experience was the bakery in the lobby that served excellent croissants.

Like I said in the post early. YOU HAVE BETTER EXPERTISE than the management of Sheraton and Hooters!

I have stayed at the Four Points several times, decent hotel but has not been kept up as well when it first opened.  The management of Sheraton probably had limited/no input into the decision to open the Hooters, it was probably made by the local operator under contract from Sheraton and.or the building owner.   Most of the staff I talked to at the hotel said that it was an odd choice to open the Hooters there, especially as it opens directly into the lobby.  It will be a detractor for people looking to rent out meeting rooms or use it as a business hotel (used to be a lot of Japanese business travellers there).  If it starts to be a magnet for freelancers, and given the location on lower Sukhuvmit that is a real possibility, then it will be a big problem from the hotel.

Congratulations. I've stayed at the Sofitel in BKK and the rooms are not much better than the Four Points, and definitely a big step down from the Sheraton Grande. Only stand out experience was the bakery in the lobby that served excellent croissants.

I have stayed at the Four Points several times, decent hotel but has not been kept up as well when it first opened. The management of Sheraton probably had limited/no input into the decision to open the Hooters, it was probably made by the local operator under contract from Sheraton and.or the building owner. Most of the staff I talked to at the hotel said that it was an odd choice to open the Hooters there, especially as it opens directly into the lobby. It will be a detractor for people looking to rent out meeting rooms or use it as a business hotel (used to be a lot of Japanese business travellers there). If it starts to be a magnet for freelancers, and given the location on lower Sukhuvmit that is a real possibility, then it will be a big problem from the hotel.

Too bad, you only stayed in ROOMS in Sofitel. If you don't mind to spend a little more, stay in the suites in the Club Millesime floor. See the post here:

http://www.bangkok-addicts.com/forum/topic/4928-500-dollar-a-night-guest-friendly-hotel-recommendation/

And here:

http://www.bangkok-addicts.com/forum/topic/4688-hotel-rooms-with-a-nice-chair/

Four points could not compare with Sofitel at all. If you compare Sofitel with Sheraton, they are in the same league. I stayed in Sheraton before Sofitel open. Sheraton is an old hotel at least 15 or even 20 years old. Sofitel is only 3 years old. I like to stay in newer hotels.

Go back to Hooters. If you have talked to the staffs in the hotel, they still could not give you the answer??? You still guessing it is Sheraton's decision, local operator's decision, or building owner's decision??? No matter whose decision, Hooters is going to stay there! Just deal with it. If it bother you too much, stay some place else. Nothing you could do about it!

I still don't think it is odd, if you take out the "Hooter" name, it is just another sport bar. Even people come to have meeting/conference in a 4 star hotel. They would be happy to have a drink and watch some sport during happy hours. I have stayed in different hotels in this area for 10+ years. Four points did not earn a penny from me until Hooters open.

About freelancers, it is just totally bullshit! Sukhumvit road on this side from Soi 3 all the way to Cowboy is fill with FL from late afternoon till early morning. FL would rather to take a two minutes walk to Thermae or stay on Sukhumvit road to look for customers. FL go to Hooters, they at least need to buy a drink and it is not cheap for a FL.

Edited by wtko3888

I went in to watch the football last month.

It was ok, seemed to have quite a few expats in there.

Some decent looking girls on the staff.

I thought it was a little bit expensive for the drinks, and the service wasn't great. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Congratulations.  I've stayed at the Sofitel in BKK and the rooms are not much better than the Four Points, and definitely a big step down from the Sheraton Grande.  Only stand out experience was the bakery in the lobby that served excellent croissants.

I have stayed at the Four Points several times, decent hotel but has not been kept up as well when it first opened.  The management of Sheraton probably had limited/no input into the decision to open the Hooters, it was probably made by the local operator under contract from Sheraton and.or the building owner.   Most of the staff I talked to at the hotel said that it was an odd choice to open the Hooters there, especially as it opens directly into the lobby.  It will be a detractor for people looking to rent out meeting rooms or use it as a business hotel (used to be a lot of Japanese business travellers there).  If it starts to be a magnet for freelancers, and given the location on lower Sukhuvmit that is a real possibility, then it will be a big problem from the hotel.

I have stayed at Aloft, Four Points, Westin, Sheraton and Sofitel and the Four Points rooms to me are a standard or 2 below that of Sofitel.

I have had a basic room at both and Sofitel wins hands down.

Too bad, you only stayed in ROOMS in Sofitel. If you don't mind to spend a little more, stay in the suites in the Club Millesime floor. See the post here:

http://www.bangkok-addicts.com/forum/topic/4928-500-dollar-a-night-guest-friendly-hotel-recommendation/

And here:

http://www.bangkok-addicts.com/forum/topic/4688-hotel-rooms-with-a-nice-chair/

Four points could not compare with Sofitel at all. If you compare Sofitel with Sheraton, they are in the same league. I stayed in Sheraton before Sofitel open. Sheraton is an old hotel at least 15 or even 20 years old. Sofitel is only 3 years old. I like to stay in newer hotels.

I agree on the Four Points not comparable to Sofitel at all.

As a SPG Platinum I obviously like SPG properties for the benefits and Sheraton is my go to if the price is right - there Suite is quite nice.

As for Hooters being at the Four Points, I do find it a bit out of place compared to the Drunken Leprechaun opposite.

To me it would seem to fit in more in Soi 11 maybe with Aloft or similar. 

I have stayed at Aloft, Four Points, Westin, Sheraton and Sofitel and the Four Points rooms to me are a standard or 2 below that of Sofitel.

I have had a basic room at both and Sofitel wins hands down.

I agree on the Four Points not comparable to Sofitel at all.

As a SPG Platinum I obviously like SPG properties for the benefits and Sheraton is my go to if the price is right - there Suite is quite nice.

As for Hooters being at the Four Points, I do find it a bit out of place compared to the Drunken Leprechaun opposite.

To me it would seem to fit in more in Soi 11 maybe with Aloft or similar.

Thank you for your input about the standard rooms of Sheraton and Sofitel. I haven't stayed in the standard rooms of the two hotels so I could not compare. I did stayed in different suites of the two hotels. That is why I ask that BM to spend a little more to stay in the suites. They are very good in Sofitel. Like what I said in the previous post, Sheraton was designed and built in the last century. The suites there are nice but without the wow factor. Sofitel is only 3 years old. I really like their Opera Suite and Imperial suite. Specially the balcony in the Imperial suite. Please see below picture. It has a 6 ft by 8 ft outdoor Jacuzzi (at the right corner) and 180 degree Bangkok view you don't find in many hotels!

Go back to Hooters. Yes, logically, put it in Soi 11 maybe a better fit. But another sport bar, Manchester United in President Palace in Soi 11 failed in just a few years. I went to Hooters in October and November. Both of the times, they have more customers than anytime I was in MU sport bar. Also, almost all of the BMs here including me said Hooters' food is average or below average. If you take a look at all of the threads in the restaurant section in this forum, this thread has the most replies and views than all of the other threads in the last 8 or 9 months! Hooters seems doing very successful at Four Points.

image.jpeg

Edited by wtko3888