Tattoo Artists / Tattoo Shops BKK

No one answered so I'll give it a shot.

Never had a tattoo done in BKK as I was already inked up before I went there.

Jimmy Wongs is the most famous of the artists in BKK,and has a great reputation.

http://tattoojimmywong.com/index.php

I saw this on the net  a few months back,might help

http://www.bangkok.com/magazine/best-tattoo-studios.htm#promo

Health and hygiene seems up to western standards,with machine sterilisation.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have had a few friends get a small (3inchx3inch or smaller) tattoo done in bangkok, for the most part just use general common sense and visual observations to find a good place. If the tattoo shop displays a lot of past work, people are getting work done in public and it seems hygenic there shouldnt be a problem.

• 10 months later...

Most people who are afraid of getting tattooed in Bangkok or any other Thai city is due to bad press and generally non-sense fear. But well, you have to know that most tattoo parlors here use the same hygiene standards as studios in NYC, London, Tokyo, etc. You get the picture: there's nothing to worry about if the parlor is good and reputable. With the internet you can quickly tell if a studio is good or not, because you can look for reviews online...

However, when I arrived here I didn't have a single tattoo lol, but I got inked for the first time in All Day Tattoo Studio, and the experience was pretty good because as I was pretty noob, they helped me through the process from choosing my tattoo to advice on how to handle the post-healing process. So yeah I can vouch for them, and their prices are pretty good so they are a good option IMHO.

I also know that there are other good studios around and that the quality of tattoo artists in BKK is beyond average, as they are pretty creative, talented and experience. So just make sure the parlor is reputable and that's it! :)

• 2 weeks later...

As Nevinosimaya said there are some world class tattoo artists here.

I've had a few done at Black Pig Tattoo. Amazing work.

He also has some of the world's top artists visit at times doing sessions.

He doesn't take walk ins, but if you're looking for something special, you won't get better.

• 9 months later...