Darjelling Hotel

I had an unexpected short stay in Bangkok in the middle of my recent holiday, so needed a place to drop my bags, so nothing too expensive was needed.

Tim at Thai Hotel Discounts sorted me out with Darjelling Hotel. He has a negotiated rate for 1220 baht per night, which includes breakfast.

Positives:

Location - On the Suk Rd, so just a hop skip and a jump from the action

Price - For this money, it is difficult to beat given the Suk Rd location

Modern - nice and modern feel to the hotel

No joiner fee

Negatives:

Room size - Quite a small room, but fine if you are lone traveller with overnight guests

Swimming Pool - Dont be fooled by the website saying, "Swimming Pool". At best this is a large bath :lol: and its location in the hotel is just not somehwere you would use to chill out.

Summary:

Ideal for budget accommodation without compromising on really far away location or old/tired decor.

Would I use this place again? Yes I would, but only if I couldn't get the usual discount deals with the bigger hotels that I usually stay at.

Make sure you take a copy of the map of where the hotel is along with their telephone number as it is hidden behind a big apartment block and is not obvious place to find.

Tim was his usual super-efficient self and I have yet to receive anything but fast/friendly service. I would always recommend giving him a try when looking for a hotel in Thailand. He is very honest and gives lots of information.

Here's a few pics I took for the forum as the availavble pics were quite limited when I tried to google the place.

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2187.jpg

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

IMG_2183.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

And now.....for the 'swimming pool' :unsure:

IMG_2186.jpg

Thanks. This looks like a nice budget hotel. With the Red Shirts in Silom, where I last stayed, it's time to explore another area. Planning on a May 12 arrival. Trying to get a flight/hotel package with this inn ask I write this. None so far. Thanks again for posting the pics and review.

• 1 month later...

Checked in last night. Desk girl seemed new to the job. Couldn't find my reservation because it was after midnight and she didn't look for yesterday's reservations. Took quite a while to get out of the lobby.

The room is everything I expected although you have to request a second room key to keep the A/C running while out of the room.

Location is hard to find, but simple to reach. After turning on Soi 18 make an immediate right into what appears to be a private parking lot. If you pass the Pavilion Indian restaurant, you've gone too far and it's the first thing on the soi. Go to the end and the hotel is just around the corner.

Soi Cowboy is 1 short block away across Sukhumkit. The hotel gave me two breakfast vouchers. My BF was reluctant to use hers, but eventually did. Good breakfast for a cheap hotel.

Edited by xilef

Eh....they let guys in funny hats stay there. :unsure:

Haven't seen any funny hats, but I'll put mine on tomorrow.

Watch out for the street vendors---asked one for pad Thai, got chicken on a stick. I could see the chicken, but was hoping that the noodles might be out of sight. No such luck. Showed him two 1000 baht notes before ordering to ensure he could make change. He took one and said OK. I got a chuckle out of that. I started to feel annoyed on the 3rd mishap, when my change as 10 baht shy. Spent that 10 on corn fritters at the next stand to substitute for noodles.

Finger lickin good!

• 9 months later...

I stayed in this hotel 2 months ago.

Overall, hotel is good. Clean rooms, nice decor, near BTS. Just walking distance to Soi Cowboy.

Main thing disappointed is the water pressure. Sometimes the water pressure drops while you shower and have to wait a while before pressure come back again.

Was told during booking its a delux kingsize room. So i though that its going to be king bed. But was given a room with queen bed. When check with recep, was told that all room are queen bed.

Recept during night shift (till morning about 10am)is very friendly. The one during day shift not comparable.

• 1 month later...

Beautiful hotel,I can not see hotel look like that.Cool picture of Darjelling Hotel.All of the room of this hotel nicely designed.This hotel is also provide good features such as 32"" inch Television,seprate bathroom with fresh towel's,and also with nice swimming pool these are seen in above picture.I think in this weekend i must visit this Darjelling Hotel with my family.

Beautiful hotel,I can not see hotel look like that.Cool picture of Darjelling Hotel.All of the room of this hotel nicely designed.This hotel is also provide good features such as 32"" inch Television,seprate bathroom with fresh towel's,and also with nice swimming pool these are seen in above picture.I think in this weekend i must visit this Darjelling Hotel with my family.

Darjelling is good value for money, but it certainly doesn't have a good swimming pool.

• 5 weeks later...

Darjeeling is one of the nice city in the world. It is visitor city.There are many hotels in the Darjeeling. There are 72 hotels in the Darjeeling.Name of some hotels in Darjeeling are:

1)Windamere Hotel

2)Elgin Darjeeling

3)Olde Main Bellevue Heritage Hotel

4)Dekeling Hotel

5)Shangrila Regency

Hey Brother,

This thread is about Darjelling Hotel in Bangkok. It's a small boutique hotel.

What you refering to is another city in India. Its totally out of the scope of this discussion.

Hey Brother,

This thread is about Darjelling Hotel in Bangkok. It's a small boutique hotel.

What you refering to is another city in India. Its totally out of the scope of this discussion.

I am not sure, but i think johncenas is some kind of robot, have a look at his other posts. :unsure: