I wrote in another thread last November:

I've stayed there at least once a year since 1995, but of late Nana hotel's gone too far down the pan, even for an unchoosy old salt like myself.

Last stayed there last year. Room was filthy, stained carpet, stank of mould, shit-colored water coming out of shower and basin taps. Staff were unfriendly (no wonder, given the way a lot of the residents were behaving), and, as the feller says above, some of the guests behaved like pigs.

Unless you're going to spend your visit pissed out of your brains 24/7, shagging any car-park freelancer with a pulse, staggering around the hotel lobby at 10am in flip-flops and a football shirt red-faced and loudly swearing your head off, and never venturing any farther from the hotel than Morning-Night or NEP (taxi to Soi Cowboy at a stretch) i.e. unless you want a hotel that'll let you openly behave like a drunken sex tourist (nothing wrong with that, of course, if that's your thing), then the Nana hotel is not for you.*

The pool is filthy, by the way. And the 'jacuzzi'? I'd rather sit in a sewage tank.

* Disclaimer: that paragraph fairly accurately describes some of my own visits to Bangkok in the distant past, but I'm older now and can't be bothered with that shit 24/7.

Looking for an alternative? I wrote in another thread last December:

I stayed in Sukhumvit Soi 2 Solo hotel in November and will stay there again later this month. It is great. Very good deals on Expedia/Agoda etc. Staff extremely friendly. Girl friendly (I was there for a week, brought about 4 different birds back on different nights (one per night, so dunno about the 'not more than one bird' rule) and they didn't bat an eyelid, no joiner fee, took ID and called room after bird left to check all okay.

Majority of clients seemed to be non-mongers, young couples of pairs of blokes (including some obvious poofters), but nobody tut-tutted (staff or other guests) when I rolled down for breakfast with an obvious tart on my arm.

It's quite a way down Soi 2 (free tuk-tuk upon request 24 hours a day to Sukhumvit though, and will pick you up anywhere on Suk and bring you home if you phone the hotel). Very quiet. Breakfast nothing special but okay. Room service quick and cheerful. Very clean room, strong shower, all good. Rooftop pool very small but a good area for sunbathing.

Only pennies more than the Nana hotel, but infinitely quieter, cleaner, and staff less rude, so a true gem and a real bargain. Which is why I'll never stay at Nana again, will always use Solo henceforth.

Hope that helps.

Tom Tit   :blink:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The room in the photos looks exactly as when I stayed at Nana hotel for two weeks during my first trip ever to Thailand five years ago. At this first trip I took three ladies per day and the security guards thought it was very funny every time my lady for the hour gave them her ID card. I also enjoyed the breakfast and the lunch buffet and I think soi 4 is a great location to stay.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...