Hey All,

I haven't been to BKK since December 2014 I was a semi regular at Onnut beer garden. I really enjoyed the cheap food & beer before heading out. Since that has been levelled has anything similar opened up? 

w market at phrakanong bts has opened, some of the vendors from onnut moved over there. Nice smaller market but no roof so i don't know what will happen in rainy season. Much smaller but the same prices for the most part. a bit further walk to the bts though maybe 200m. not as dirty as onnut and surrounded by art businesses and some small cafes and indoor outdoor live music. Unfortunately not as many thai girls go there and it can be a bit hard to find.

• 1 month later...

w market at phrakanong bts has opened, some of the vendors from onnut moved over there. Nice smaller market but no roof so i don't know what will happen in rainy season. Much smaller but the same prices for the most part. a bit further walk to the bts though maybe 200m. not as dirty as onnut and surrounded by art businesses and some small cafes and indoor outdoor live music. Unfortunately not as many thai girls go there and it can be a bit hard to find.

Thanks bro for the information. didn't know there is a new market there.

• 6 months later...

Found the Aramin Plaza next to Chidlom BTS has a food hall on the 4th floor with all the stalls set up as street food vendors.

Open during the day time only, found that out tonight ????

It is packed with 99.9% Thais at lunch and is very good for eye candy.

FOODLAND SUPERMARKETS - TOOK LA DEE is the restaurant chain inside that is open 24 hours. Took La Dee means "Cheap and Good" and it is what it says. You can get an American Breakfast for under 100฿. They even run an Early Bird special, which is as cheap as chips! There are various branches around Bangkok and Pattaya. I have been eating there for over 20 years!  :D  

Edited by Dave The Rave

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I second the recommendation for Pier 21 in Terminal 21. there are little stalls set up side by side in a grouping of about 50 in all. There is every asian food style imaginable. You load up a purchase card and walk around from stall to stall ordering what ever you like. Mix and match all you want. I ended up with a Japanese noodle soup, a chinese duck platter and some stir fried veggies plus a water for around 400B. Insanely cheap and great food. 

IMG_8415.JPG

IMG_8416.JPG