Koh Samet

bullsta

45 min hour ride from Pattaya to Ban Phe pier. About an hour ferry ride to the island from there.

Small, quaint island. Beautiful and worth a visit if you want to just relax. I think it's best to bring someone with you as there isn't much of a scene there. It's 100% a place for tourists to go and enjoy beach life. Not same as a place like Koh Samui or the bigger islands. Also, restaurants are very expensive... be prepared to part with some cash for good food. haha

Edited by Diabolic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I was on Koh Samet about 5 years ago, 

lovely ride over on the ferry, and there's several different piers, we got off at the 3rd one I think,

no idea what the name of it was. Only to be met by a very butch LB who rents out the scooters

he/she was not really farang friendly, but my mate spoke Thai and she warmed to him :)

ended up giving us a good deal, but getting them out of the small ferry area was tricky.

Great hotel we stayed at, pool was top notch, with a bar you could swim up to, and order drinks

and food. Of a night, there's not a great choice, and seems to be Lb heavy if you ask me.

Though they were all very pleasant and we had a laugh with a few of them.

The beach is great fun, with different shows as you walk along, from jugglers to fire eaters,

take plenty of insect repellent though, I got eaten alive,

and not the way I wanted.

;)

Edited by Rolondo

• 2 years later...

I’ve been there last year. Beautiful island a lot less busy then Samui.

You should really go to the fireshows at Sai kaew beach! It starts around 8:30 be early because it gets crowded at the restaurants with the best viewing spots.

After the show you could go to cafe old-Amsterdam.

They have some working girls hanging around. Maybe I was lucky but they all looked great.

Next to old-Amsterdam there was a bar with freelancers.

It was hot as F and they left the fans off. But the girlf took good care of me ;)

Have a great time

• 11 months later...