Good budjet (max $40/night) hotel from Chaweng? Near of beach, near of bars...? Going September or October.

I don't think you will find anything for $40 a night in chaweng. Maybe Lamai. 99 is a good shout. Can also try Hathai House or Lamai Wanta. Check Agoda on a Friday.

Chaweng nightlife is better/more crowded, more options etc.  It is also younger, more Aussies in tank tops and has a lot of faring women partying as well.

you tend to see older ex pats in lamai....generalization, but accurate.  I have stayed in both.

If you are young and can tolerate noise, stay at the Ark Bar.  If not, Al's Resort in Chaweng is right on the beach, but a bit above your budget...plenty of cheapish options in chewing if you ar willing to walk to the beach, instead of be on the beach.  the map function on Agoda or booking.com can help you

Chaweng is more varied with some bars, regular bars and a few gogos. Lamai has more lady bars. Far more and is more laid back. I prefer chaweng beach but Lamai nightlife.

I made a video from my trip to Koh Samui last year. No nightlife but gives you an idea of nice things to see during the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chaweng is more varied with some bars, regular bars and a few gogos. Lamai has more lady bars. Far more and is more laid back. I prefer chaweng beach but Lamai nightlife.

I made a video from my trip to Koh Samui last year. No nightlife but gives you an idea of nice things to see during the day.

Looks nice place, cant wait. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm going to be staying at Ark Bar next month. I'll give a TR to update the stay with pics.

Ark Bar is simply awesome to party. I usually stay slightly away tho. Noise at night from the room can get you sometimes.