White face in a red Crowd

jonerich

How Does this Effect Foreigners  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Is this any good for Foreigners in general

2. 2. Do you think Foreigners Have any business involving themselves in Thai Politics

Yes i saw that acticle.

Farang should stay out of it or might mean trouble for the rest of farangs in Thailand.

He sounds like a no hoper anyway.

There are many farangs in Thailand that have basically made Thailand their homes. Wifes, kids, jobs, pay tax, etc. They have a very vested interest in Thailand, and I don't have a problem if they also choose to get involved in politics here as well.

The bloke in the artical does not fit the bill.

There are many farangs in Thailand that have basically made Thailand their homes. Wifes, kids, jobs, pay tax, etc. They have a very vested interest in Thailand, and I don't have a problem if they also choose to get involved in politics here as well.

The bloke in the artical does not fit the bill.

I understand where you are coming from my cousin has lived outside bangkok for 8 years now has a Thai wife and one 6 year old son,but is not politically active.He left that behind when he left the states, but as you said this guy just does not fit the bill!!! no passport or money Aussie guv sez his background is ify at best. In my opinion this could cast Farang in a bad light of being trouble makers or takers in their society. Kind of like in the states everyone blames everyone else for being dregs on society. If its not the rich Its the poor or the white or the Latinos or blah blah blah blah. Plus when you factor in the middle class existence in LOS is minimal to say the least (as in you have it or you don't) we as Farang live better lives then 70 percent of the populous.

When it comes to politics i would go for the "out of site out of mind Mentality" Just My 2 cents

Thanks for the reply

I think that in LOS it’s not very appreciated if foreigners get involved in politics.

The few who joined the rallies might not even understand the language.

During my last trip in march, a girl I took LT asked me in the hotel. "You like Thaksin or Abishit?". I just said I don't know.She was a supporter of the red shirts. We met a couple of more days and she used to kid about me liking Abishit, even telling to friends and the odd taxi driver. I didnt get very concerned about these jokes as at that time the red protests were very peaceful. Now that the conflict has scalated I wouldn't like these comments said openly just in case someone take them seriously

Edited by mondero

I just read this article in the Bangkok post. What is this guy thinking? and your thoughts on the matter.

White face in red crowd

Obviously a bullshitter, anyone who served in Special Forces would ever let people know, and as for his Bloody Sunday comments, hope he cops a bullet.

I just read this article in the Bangkok post. What is this guy thinking? and your thoughts on the matter.

White face in red crowd

I think he's deluding himself but I understand that for some people it's easy to get lost in the 'high drama' of a situation like BKK at the moment. It's like being in a movie. This guy obviously likes being the centre of attention, but doesn't quite realise that the situation is actually very serious. The Thai people who are involved have less options.

White face in red crowd

Just a quick update I guess this guy and his buddy are now facing a death penalty for their involvement in the Bangkok Riots.

Defiant farang redshirts