phuket transport

spurs

first time to phuket

whats best way to get from the airport to patoong 

got a hotel booked

not looking for  cheapest, just the easiest way without to much hassle

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Spurs,

I haven't been there, but I've researched the same thing you're mentioning, because I'm going to be in your same position in August.  Here's something that might help you out.

Phuket_Airport_to_Patong_Beach_1.jpg

This is all fine and dandy, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get BACK to the airport.  If you figure that one out, please be sure to drop me a line.  Hope this helps!

I have the number for a guy there that I use to get to Kamala Beach and back. He is a not inexpensive but it is a private SUV and he is very personable. I am sure he would not mind going the extra distance to Patong. 

This is all fine and dandy, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get BACK to the airport. If you figure that one out, please be sure to drop me a line. Hope this helps!

You can find lots of tour booths have the signs for mini van to airport. You simply book with them and the same company van will pick you up from your hotel. You may be paying a little more on way back since the tour booths will be adding their commission.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

You can find lots of tour booths have the signs for mini van to airport. You simply book with them and the same company van will pick you up from your hotel. You may be paying a little more on way back since the tour booths will be adding their commission.

Dang, that sucks.  But I'm sure it can't be too much more.  But I'm sure that like with everything in LOS, everything is negotiable.  :-D  

Thanks for the tip Heading2LOS.

180 is very, very cheap but it is shared and they may wait a while until the van is filled with other passengers and your hotel could be last.

I would rather spend a few extra baht for a private car and be the only destination.  a taxi at the airport is easy..a car from your hotel is great because they will have a sign for you and you will not have to negotiate, but it is usually a bit more expensive, as they have to drive to the airport as well.

Still, I always have the car from the hotel, as it is the easiest.  vacations should not be about pinching pennies.

Dang, that sucks. But I'm sure it can't be too much more. But I'm sure that like with everything in LOS, everything is negotiable. :-D

Thanks for the tip Heading2LOS.

Not much, if from airport they charge 180 then the tour/hotel will be charging between 200-250...still cheap comparing to hotel car/taxi.

The problem with the Phuket minivans is they tend to randomly stop at a tour shop for a few minutes to try and give everyone on the bus hard sell to people for the various popular trips in HKT.

You can get a meter taxi at the booth outside the airport but be aware the meter ticks over much faster than in a BKK taxi. Airport to Patong will set you back about 700.