Uber in Bangkok

null

Yes, I have used it! Reliable and cheap... About the same as a regular taxi. Very good if you are going to a far off location and have difficulty giving directions to the driver and none of that 100 baht 200 baht flat fee nonsense.

yes ... I use both grabcar and uber. Especially when you are traveling at late night after drinking sessions or after visiting various night markets, taxis you hire from the streets might not wanna use meter. Uber comes in handy during that time.

The only downside is , its kinda hard to locate uber drivers when you are slightly away from town. Most of the drivers hang around sukhumvit areas or the city centre. The drivers I met are friendly and some do speak very good english as well.

You certainly can give uber a try.

Cheers guys. Just one more question, do you input the precise address or rely on the pin to pinpoint the location.

if u know your current exact location , its better to input yourself. The pin is normally 50 meters off your exact location. Thats my experience. But if you are not very sure where you are. Make sure your phone number that attached to your uber account is contactable because sometimes the uber driver needs to call you to confirm your current location. 

• 4 months later...

Tried both Uber and Grab on my recent trip. Had a slightly better experience with Uber than Grab. Uber cab is nicer and cleaner while Grab seem to be using more of regular taxi. Both are cheaper than the price quoted by taxi for fixed fare.