Fast Track Immigration

took me about 15 minutes to get through immigration on my last trip to bangkok

the one before that i was the only person in line when i walked up

is that worth $100?  your time must be very valuable

My last 2 arrivals around 5:15pm-5:30pm (delayed flight 4:40pm scheduled) I have had one person standing in front at any of the immigration counters.

On Wednesday my bag was first out as well, took me by surprise and had me checking twice to see if it really was it  :lol:

Other arrivals I have had anywhere from 20 minute wait to around an hour.

I believe this is a case of each to their own.

I personally do not mind waiting for my bags but I hate waiting in line. It just make me feel fidgety and horrible so I know I'd personally enjoy taking advantage of something like this.

But I do not think it's for everyone.

Like many people have said many times on other posts, it's your trip so enjoy what you choose to do.

Thanks, yes standing in a line is a real bore. That is one reason I do not fly coach. 

for 850 baht to me is worth it just in case land with other planes... specially a plane full of  Chinese ...

Also I only travel with carry on so I out of the airport and into an Uber very quickly

Agreed, I fly EVA until Thai comes back to the USA. Landing at the same time as a plane full of mainlanders is a horror show. With backpackers a close second as they always delay flights with their small car sized backpacks they try to bring aboard. They don't check bags at the counter like the rest of us. They are overweight so a sly gate check is the only way to avoid the fee at the discomfort of those that followed procedure. :angry:   

Thanks again and my apologies for broaching the subject. I simply wanted to know if anyone had actually used the service. (Thanks Collectskulls) Was not really wanting a debate on whether someone deemed it of value. 

Thanks, yes standing in a line is a real bore. That is one reason I do not fly coach.

Agreed, I fly EVA until Thai comes back to the USA. Landing at the same time as a plane full of mainlanders is a horror show. With backpackers a close second as they always delay flights with their small car sized backpacks they try to bring aboard. They don't check bags at the counter like the rest of us. They are overweight so a sly gate check is the only way to avoid the fee at the discomfort of those that followed procedure. :angry:

Thanks again and my apologies for broaching the subject. I simply wanted to know if anyone had actually used the service. (Thanks Collectskulls) Was not really wanting a debate on whether someone deemed it of value.

Don't be funny, if it wasn't for you saying about this I'd have never have even thought about it let alone be considering it.

I'm thinking about a carryon for my week away and taking advantage of this on my next trip.

Really after a long 15 hours of travel it takes what feels like an age to get from one end to the other.

Thanks, yes standing in a line is a real bore. That is one reason I do not fly coach

Is it your first trip to Bangkok? If you are on business or first class, you will have the pass to go thought the fast track. If you are handicapped, you could not make that 10 minutes walk. You could ask for a wheel chair, it takes a little longer but you still no need to walk. Just to make sure you won't waste your money on something you don't need.

Edited by wtko3888

Don't be funny, if it wasn't for you saying about this I'd have never have even thought about it let alone be considering it.

I'm thinking about a carryon for my week away and taking advantage of this on my next trip.

Really after a long 15 hours of travel it takes what feels like an age to get from one end to the other.

Thanks, 15 hours is rough but it's 24-26 hours from my home to BKK.  :P

This is why I am considering this as standing in a queue after that is torture.  :P

Is it your first trip to Bangkok? If you are on business or first class, you will have the pass to go thought the fast track. If you are handicapped, you could not make that 10 minutes walk. You could ask for a wheel chair, it takes a little longer but you still no need to walk. Just to make sure you won't waste your money on something you don't need.

By no means first trip. However EVA has never offered a pass for fast track when flying their business class. I will be inquiring about this for my next trip though. Seems I have been getting short end of the stick for some reason.

Wow! I guess different people travel differently. Travel in coach, pay for fast track, and pick up by a limo! 

I am 6' 3" so coach is not an option. Last trip while pretending to be poor (see end of my TR for details) I flew coach from BKK to Phuket. It was absolute torture as my knees were firmly embedded into the seatback in front of me. I had booked round trip but ended up buying new tickets on Thai in Royal Silk for our return flight to BKK. 

20160520_131217.jpg

By no means first trip. However EVA has never offered a pass for fast track when flying their business class. I will be inquiring about this for my next trip though. Seems I have been getting short end of the stick for some reason.

I am 6' 3" so coach is not an option. Last trip while pretending to be poor (see end of my TR for details) I flew coach from BKK to Phuket. It was absolute torture as my knees were firmly embedded into the seatback in front of me. I had booked round trip but ended up buying new tickets on Thai in Royal Silk for our return flight to BKK. 

attachicon.gif20160520_131217.jpg

I did fly with EVA a few times and got fast track services. If you don't get it this time, please let's us know why. Discount business ticket?! May be member tier is not high enough?! 

My post (#18) was response to post number 17. Anyway, the picture you posted was kind of shocking! I don't mean your feet!  :D A person claimed he doesn't fly coach (you did at least once, to Phuket). Don't you have a better business class photo? I can't believe Thai Airways still using that kind of aircraft! Was it an old 747? Luckily they only use it on some short route. For a 2 hours flight, it was just OK. Have you been in their new Royal First before? It was great. I asked my friend to join me to have dinner. The table could be moved to the middle. We were eating and talking face to face. It seems Thai Royal first is way better than Silk. Thanks for the info.

untitled2.png

Edited by wtko3888

attachicon.gif20160520_131217.jpg

I flew EVA business last year and wasn't offered a fast track card either. Right before we landed I asked the flight attendant if I was supposed to get one and she said yes and then gave it to me. It seems like they weren't going to give it to me unless I asked. As far as I could tell they didn't freely hand them out to anyone else either.

• Upvote 1