Fast Track Immigration

Thanks, 15 hours is rough but it's 24-26 hours from my home to BKK.  :P

This is why I am considering this as standing in a queue after that is torture.  :P

24-26 hours, I can see why you're looking at this. I'm getting past it after 15 hours so I am thinking this will be a nice treat to get me into the swing of things.

what would ones net worth + salary need to be to make spending $100 to save 10-15 mins on average the right  monetary play?

7 figures + 6 figure salary?

I'm on around £18k a year plus tips. I can pretty much make this in tips in a couple of days so it really is not affecting my budget at all But i understand the view point that your coming from. 

I think the tips for me are a helping hand in making this choice but i can see why people would not like to splash out on this knowing its only a que

I flew EVA business last year and wasn't offered a fast track card either. Right before we landed I asked the flight attendant if I was supposed to get one and she said yes and then gave it to me. It seems like they weren't going to give it to me unless I asked. As far as I could tell they didn't freely hand them out to anyone else either.

Ahhh. Fair chance they are charged for each one used so like ketchup in the drive thru, you must ask to receive. Thanks man!

24-26 hours, I can see why you're looking at this. I'm getting past it after 15 hours so I am thinking this will be a nice treat to get me into the swing of things.

Aye, the Houston to Taipei leg is 16 hours of straight airtime. Then of course there is the Taipei airport which is absolute insanity at times. I am only in Thailand 4 times a year so my time is precious to me. Considering most spend 300-500 usd a day after hotel is paid it really is a pittance in comparison. Plus I have a few regular GoGo girls consistent at 2k longtime so I am saving elsewhere to balance things out. B) 

im quite confused why someone who would even consider this wouldnt spend more to get a direct flight?

you will pay $100 to avoid 15 minutes in line, but will put up with a 24-26 hour travel time?

im not 100% sure on the logistics from houston, may not be the easiest place, but would have to think you could fly to LA/NY and then to bangkok and have it be less then 24 hours total

im quite confused why someone who would even consider this wouldnt spend more to get a direct flight?

you will pay $100 to avoid 15 minutes in line, but will put up with a 24-26 hour travel time?

im not 100% sure on the logistics from houston, may not be the easiest place, but would have to think you could fly to LA/NY and then to bangkok and have it be less then 24 hours total

I'm not sure about the other guy but this is a cheaper option for me. For myself i'd have to go Manchester-London-Bangkok.

It would have cost me £260 more to do direct like that but with the connection from Manchester to London and the stop over also it would have come up at roughly the same flight time. Granted if i lived down near London i'd have no problem going direct as it'll be 11 or so hours direct.

But with this fast track, even with the shockingly bad rate at the moment it comes to £37 with the cart service or £19 without. For myself it's got me thinking that if i do it with hand luggage only and all going well I will land at 1pm and hopefully be out of the airport by 1.20-.130pm. with any luck i'd be checked into the hotel before 2pm and at queens Park Plaza having my first drink not to long after that.

I am thinking it it worth it for me in that sense to try and maximise my time

• Upvote 1

Perhaps to alleviate your confusion on my next trip I can let you plan my itinerary. Seeing as you are omniscient and have a far better grasp on my logistics it would take quite a load off my feeble mind. Math and geography are extremely difficult, insert quizzical look here, so I of course have not examined alternate routes to shorten my flight time.........

Edited by Viandefraich

Perhaps to alleviate your confusion on my next trip I can let you plan my itinerary. Seeing as you are omniscient and have a far better grasp on my logistics it would take quite a load off my feeble mind. Math and geography are extremely difficult, insert quizzical look here, so I of course have not examined alternate routes to shorten my flight time.........

Sarcasm level = Blackadder

• Upvote 1

im pretty surprised to hear there is no quicker way there

I gotta' agree agree that the walk from the gate takes some time, so I'll be interested to learn more about this service.

I use my APEC card to get thru Passport Control much quicker in all Asian countries. Usually there's little to no line for APEC card holders. Cost me about 100 USD.

Sent from my V2s+ using Tapatalk

I have thought about the fast track option for the gate to immigration buggy ride before but after 9+ hours of sitting on a plane I want to stretch the legs.

Something a lot of people do not realise is there is 2 immigration areas.

If one is busy walk along to the next and see if there is a line up.

One trip I was "stuck" waiting and once through walked to the other end for baggage collection to see the other immigration area totally vacant of passengers.

If you are flying business / first class then you should be given a fast track card on the aircraft and if not showing your boarding pass should be sufficient.

Obviously if you have the fast track card and there is no waiting keep it and use it for next time.

• Upvote 1