How a strong Baht is affecting your plans to travel?

How this climb on the Thai Baht against the main currencies is affecting your travel plans to LOS?

Are you going short periods?

Do you save in hotels?

More meals on food courts?

I have the sensation that every single visit I have less value for money.( Probably I'm getting older)

Any thoughts will be appreciated and any ideas to have more fun without breaking the budget.

Regards,

How this climb on the Thai Baht against the main currencies is affecting your travel plans to LOS?

Are you going short periods?

Do you save in hotels?

More meals on food courts?

I have the sensation that every single visit I have less value for money.( Probably I'm getting older)

Any thoughts will be appreciated and any ideas to have more fun without breaking the budget.

Regards,

My sensation is quiet the same...every year our poor euro have less value

Looks like the pound is having a bit of a resurgence anyway.

This time last year i got 52 B to the £.

Now it's 44.5 B to the £ (that's with the recent resurgence, it was lower)

If exchanging £1000 that's a difference of 7500B. So i would say the resurgence isn't quite good enough. That being said it's not stopped my plans for this trip, but does give me pause on frequency of return visits as the difference will start to mount up over multiple visits. 

This time last year i got 52 B to the £.

Now it's 44.5 B to the £ (that's with the recent resurgence, it was lower)

If exchanging £1000 that's a difference of 7500B. So i would say the resurgence isn't quite good enough. That being said it's not stopped my plans for this trip, but does give me pause on frequency of return visits as the difference will start to mount up over multiple visits. 

Brexit results....

• 2 weeks later...

The boom in tourist arrivals to Thailand over the past five years finally appears to be over. The industry will remain one of the country’s best-performing sectors but cannot maintain previous growth rates.

• While Chinese demand for holidays in Thailand will continue to rise, it can no longer drive the rate of industry expansion recorded from 2011 to 2015. Growth in Chinese tourist arrivals fell to 13.2 per cent in the second quarter, dragging down overall arrivals growth. The sector will become increasingly dependent on rising spending per visitor.
  • As tourism growth decelerates, the Thai economy risks more severe underperformance. The sector has an outsized influence on the economy, directly contributing 13.2 per cent of GDP growth in the first quarter, the highest level on record.

Just read this on financial news.............I'm not the author but I believe this is not good! Just saying......