Need help picking Hotel (Citichic vs Citrus 13)

pdr3

First time in Bangkok for me and I'm trying to decide on a hotel.  I'd like to stay around the Soi 11 and 13 area and have narrowed it down to mostly these 2 hotels, which seem fairly similar in what they have to offer.  I am open to other suggestions as well though and appreciate the help.

Citichic has all the amenities I'm looking for, but it's a bit further away than ideal and I've read there is construction going on next door that is can be a disturbance. Can anyone chime in on this?

Citrus 13 is lacking a gym, which would be nice to have, but I think the location is a bit better than Citichic.  Rooms are a bit smaller as well, but seem like they should be adequate.

Unless you're going to taxi to/from your hotel every time I would suggest the hotel closer to sukh road. Girls aren't going to want to walk that far. Hotel gyms are pretty terrible in terms of weights anyway.

I would suggest Kingston suites. Great rooms, large bathrooms, walkable to sukh road, can use the (crappy) gym of an affiliated hotel next door.

Unless you're going to taxi to/from your hotel every time I would suggest the hotel closer to sukh road. Girls aren't going to want to walk that far. Hotel gyms are pretty terrible in terms of weights anyway.

I would suggest Kingston suites. Great rooms, large bathrooms, walkable to sukh road, can use the (crappy) gym of an affiliated hotel next door.

I'm liking the location of Kingston Suites, because I am planning on visiting Thermae often.  My concern is the bed, which seems to be rock hard from a lot of reviews.  I would prefer a softer more comfortable bed.

I've stayed at Citrus 13 3 times now with a 4th stay booked for December, not a bad hotel, rooms are neat, compact, but pretty good for BM stuff, it's also not too far back on Soi 13, around about the same distance as the Ambassador on Soi 11 by distance comparasion. The breakfast isn't great but then it's usually included in the price. plus it has a pool which helps. 

• 2 months later...

Ended up staying at Citrus 13 for a few nights and thought I would give a small review of it.  They don't ask for Guest ID's, so maybe a good thing or bad thing depending on your perspective.  Location is ok, about 5 minute walk from Sukhumvit road.  There's a few pool bars and massage places close by.  7/11 and Family Mart are close as well.  Soi 13 unfortunately is very prone to flooding, so walking around can be difficult after it has rained a lot.  Rooms are small, but not too cramped and there's a good spot on the side to store luggage.  I do wish there was more space to walk next to the bed is as I banged my shin into the bed frame numerous times.  The bed I felt was too soft and I kind of just sunk in while lying down and didn't think it had enough support.  A bit strange when most beds in hotels here tend to be on the hard side.  Overall, it's not too bad value wise.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Ended up staying at Citrus 13 for a few nights and thought I would give a small review of it.  They don't ask for Guest ID's, so maybe a good thing or bad thing depending on your perspective.  Location is ok, about 5 minute walk from Sukhumvit road.  There's a few pool bars and massage places close by.  7/11 and Family Mart are close as well.  Soi 13 unfortunately is very prone to flooding, so walking around can be difficult after it has rained a lot.  Rooms are small, but not too cramped and there's a good spot on the side to store luggage.  I do wish there was more space to walk next to the bed is as I banged my shin into the bed frame numerous times.  The bed I felt was too soft and I kind of just sunk in while lying down and didn't think it had enough support.  A bit strange when most beds in hotels here tend to be on the hard side.  Overall, it's not too bad value wise.

thanks for review. i had the same confusion between these 2