Warninig about AirBnb in Thailand!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A few weeks ago, i had a bitch of a time getting into my Pattaya AirBnB condo for a 2 week stay. Security at the condo was threatening arrest and prison. After repeated phone calls to the friggin' owner in China, everything was straightened out. When checking in and out, have the owner or agent personally guide you.

A few days ago, checked in at a new Bangkok AirBnB condo with no problems.

Edited by PapaikouTea

• 4 weeks later...

the same the world over

NYC is probably the worst of all

Ive booked and paid in advance and got there to find someone had simply offered more and I was out

LA I had a booking that was nothing like advertised

Australia I must say I have done well. Never a hiccup

I'm told Europe is pretty good too

Thailand...hmmmm...so many cheap options I haven't even considered it

Like all things in Thailand...take the cautious path and life will be a lot easier

• 1 month later...

There's not denying that you can still get great deals using Airbnb renting BKK apartments and new condos in particular, but after a couple of bad experiences such as facilities that were promised (pools, gym, etc.) being out of order, last minute cancellations by the owners, one condo being unavailable when I arrived at 11 pm, and above all the terrible service that Airbnb provides as opposed to companies like Booking or Expedia if you experience issues, I've given up on them.

I'd rather pay a little more on a hotel and know what I'm getting and this is just one further example that Airbnb is usually more trouble than it's worth.

• 4 weeks later...

In my opinion, hotels are plentiful and cheap in BKK, why even need to consider AirBnB? Plus many Thai people work in the hotel industry to put food on the table so I think we should support the hotel industry by booking the good old hotel rather than AirBnB.