Best way to Phuket from Bkk

Racshack

I just fly out of BKK when going to Phuket on Thai airways. It's usually about 10k baht round trip in business. If you are under 6' tall you can fly Thai or Bangkok Airways coach for far less. The caveat is if you are over 6' feet it is absolute torture, I tried it once and never will again.

Awsome thanks guys , any difference between the two airports ,time and traffic wise leaving nana area in morning .?when their thinking about staying at Yorkshire, any poss or negs on this place !

Never stayed here myself but walk by every year when I'm in Patong.

I've heard from many that Yorkshire Inn is a good place to stay on Soi Saen Sabai, it's central and only 2-3 minutes walking to Soi Bangla and all the bars and discos!

Easy to take a girl home no need to take expensive tuktuks or MC-taxis!

Plahgat

Airfare is about $20 more to go out of BKK than DMK. However what you save in airfare going out of DMK you will most likely spend on a taxi to get to DMK as opposed to the 60baht it will cost you to get to BKK via MRT and or BTS.

Tip: Unless your traveling light you will sweat your balls off doing the public transit stuff.

Have stayed at Yorkshire several times. IMO unless you get the more expensive rooms ((with a window)) the rooms kind of suck. I didn't care for bare concrete floors, felt like I put a bed in my garage.

Recommend Safari Beach hotel, also 1 minute walk to bangla and much much much better rooms for about same price.

Tip #2: If strictly mongering trip go to Pattaya rather than Patong. Patts so much better soooo much cheaper. No flights required to get there.

Edited by Samjet777
  • Upvote 1

no, about 5'90''

That renders your declaration rather myopic. I stated I had attempted to fly coach in the past and found it tortuous. I even suggested those which were of lessor stature might find coach agreeable.  So there is in fact good cause for someone to choose business over coach.

Edited by Viandefraich

That renders your declaration rather myopic. I stated I had attempted to fly coach in the past and found it tortuous. I even suggested those which where of lessor stature might find coach agreeable. So there is in fact good cause for someone to choose business over coach.

That's a very relevant point. Most don't realize when they buy a ticket on air Asia, Bangkok air, jet star etc. that these aircraft cabins are not configured like any US, Euro, Australian carrier cabins. I'm 5'10" and thin and without an empty seat next to mine it's an uncomfortable hour and a half.

i've flight with both AirAsia and Bangkok Airways and even if i'm nearly 5'90" x 82kg i didnt find the seat VERY uncomfortable....anyway in my personal opinion even if was very uncomfortable this do not justify to spend 9000 baht more for just 1 hour and so of flight.

For sure if it was a longest flight this would have been a problem.