Hua Hin

canucklhead

I've never been, but from what I recall reading elsewhere there's a very modest scene amidst some of the smaller streets near the Hilton resort.  Like Bintabaht.

Bring your own if possible.

I've never been, but from what I recall reading elsewhere there's a very modest scene amidst some of the smaller streets near the Hilton resort. Like Bintabaht.

Bring your own if possible.

Thanks, that was what I was thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hua Hin is the Kings summer residence and because of that is quiet compared to BKK/Patts/Phuket.  The beaches are good and the town is looked after and locals from BKK go for the weekend.  Its a nice place for a break from BKK.

Best option may be to take the bus from BKK Southern Bus Terminal in about 3.5 to 4 hours.  The buses leave every half hour during the day and during the week you can just turn up and buy a ticket but at weekends and holidays you need to book in advance.  Bus is about 200 Baht. 

You can get there by plane from Suvarnabhumi in about 45 mins but you have to get out to the airport and then back in from HH airport by taxi so may be more hassle for not much quicker.  

Train takes 4 hours from Hualamphong Station and costs about 50 Baht third class to 200+ Baht first class.  Train takes 4 to 4.5 hours.

Not a place to go for nightlife but if you are there then you can make the best of it.  My info is a couple of years out of date. 

No gogos that I am aware of.

There are many small beer bars with FL on Soi Bintabaht and around it including Poon Suk.  This area is behind the Hilton Hotel on the opposite side to the sea.  You will have to look harder for an attractive girl than in BKK/Patts/Phuket…. But there are some.  Drinks and lady drinks are more expensive than in normal bars but ST, BF and LT rates are lower than BKK.  Usually relaxed and low key.

There are some massage shops which do FS next to that area to the north and around Soi 80/Soi Sarawat off Thanon Phetkasem and there are many other which offer HE.  There is also a soapy called Lee Lao Dee and another called Petch Barber off the main road Thanon Phetkasem with FS.  Not many foreigners go there but there is no reason not to, just not well known.

The Hilton disco inside the hotel has many freelancers mixed with tourists and locals.  Drinks are double the prices in small bars.  It gets busy around midnight and around 2am some girls from the beer bars go there so the quality is similar.

• Upvote 3

canucklhead - good luck with your trip.  Let us know how you get on.

I second this.  I like to read trip reports for the less common destinations.  All you have to do is find one girl that's right for you and the trip can be amazing.

Having never visited Hua Hin I am interested in this topic because I have previously wondered what a 3 or 4 day side trip from BKK would be like. What I gather is that there are small bars and poontang of limited quality, 5* to 6* at  best, is available. I also read somewhere, probably on a different thread, that there is a soapy in Hua Hin called Lee Lao Dee as well.

My question is HOW IS THE BEACH? I assume it is better than polluted Pattaya, but not as clean as the beaches on Ko Chang or further south. Are my assumptions correct?

I have visited Ko Chang. It is a lovely island about 3 hours east from Pattaya. The water is very clean and the beaches are beautiful. Unfortunately, Ko Chang nightlife is scant. There are only a handful of small rustic beer bars with low quality older girls and 1 club on the island. Thus Ko Chang is a BYO girl kind of place in my opinion.   

Having never visited Hua Hin I am interested in this topic because I have previously wondered what a 3 or 4 day side trip from BKK would be like. What I gather is that there are small bars and poontang of limited quality, 5* to 6* at  best, is available. I also read somewhere, probably on a different thread, that there is a soapy in Hua Hin called Lee Lao Dee as well.

My question is HOW IS THE BEACH? I assume it is better than polluted Pattaya, but not as clean as the beaches on Ko Chang or further south. Are my assumptions correct?

I have visited Ko Chang. It is a lovely island about 3 hours east from Pattaya. The water is very clean and the beaches are beautiful. Unfortunately, Ko Chang nightlife is scant. There are only a handful of small rustic beer bars with low quality older girls and 1 club on the island. Thus Ko Chang is a BYO girl kind of place in my opinion.   

Koh Samui might be a good compromise for you.  The scene is pretty good in my opinion although it's mostly beer bars and I believe 1 (?) gogo.  Beaches and water sports are good and you're within easy day trip distance to the marine park.  I would definitely go back there.

• Upvote 1