Hua Hin

canucklhead

Having never visited Hua Hin I am interested in this topic because I have previously wondered what a 3 or 4 day side trip from BKK would be like. What I gather is that there are small bars and poontang of limited quality, 5* to 6* at best, is available. I also read somewhere, probably on a different thread, that there is a soapy in Hua Hin called Lee Lao Dee as well.

My question is HOW IS THE BEACH? I assume it is better than polluted Pattaya, but not as clean as the beaches on Ko Chang or further south. Are my assumptions correct?

I have visited Ko Chang. It is a lovely island about 3 hours east from Pattaya. The water is very clean and the beaches are beautiful. Unfortunately, Ko Chang nightlife is scant. There are only a handful of small rustic beer bars with low quality older girls and 1 club on the island. Thus Ko Chang is a BYO girl kind of place in my opinion.

The beach has a small part with umbrella's and beach beds similar Pattaya near the Hilton hotel . It's a bit crammed . The sea is brownish. For the rest an rather large empy beach with rent a horses Edited by nakhon

Thanks guys for clearing that up for me. No pun intended. So I think I will stick with Ko Samui or Phuket when I want to combine a little credible nightlife with beautiful playas and Bring MY Own girl along when I want to opt for more natural less developed beaches like Ko Lipe or my personal favorite, the beautiful, almost deserted beaches on Palawan, PI.

Edited by gogul

The beach is OK in Hua Hin once you get through the area with the sunbeds and umbrellas, keep your eyes open for jellyfish though. Usually a few washed up on the beach.

As for the nightlife, plenty of beer bars in the Bintabat area near Hilton but keep expectations low..

Having never visited Hua Hin I am interested in this topic because I have previously wondered what a 3 or 4 day side trip from BKK would be like. What I gather is that there are small bars and poontang of limited quality, 5* to 6* at best, is available. I also read somewhere, probably on a different thread, that there is a soapy in Hua Hin called Lee Lao Dee as well.

My question is HOW IS THE BEACH? I assume it is better than polluted Pattaya, but not as clean as the beaches on Ko Chang or further south. Are my assumptions correct?

I have visited Ko Chang. It is a lovely island about 3 hours east from Pattaya. The water is very clean and the beaches are beautiful. Unfortunately, Ko Chang nightlife is scant. There are only a handful of small rustic beer bars with low quality older girls and 1 club on the island. Thus Ko Chang is a BYO girl kind of place in my opinion.

The beach is unswimmable!