Would you live near Nana/Soi Cowboy?

I live out in Pathumthani and while it has some advantages its not the greatest location to live. I do have a car but never drive to Sukhumvit in the evening. Parking is a problem and you can't enjoy a drink. So I need to get a one hour taxi trip and it costs 350baht for the taxi and 150baht for tollway making it 1,000baht  before I start the night.

I don't think I would like to live right near Nana or Cowboy, but I have friends who live near BTS On Nut and other at MRT Huai Khwang which would be great location. At least I could come in on the BTS/MRT and go home the same way (Before Midnight) would be really handy.

If you lived there, the temptation would be too great. For me I live and work in Thonburi so it is about 20mins via BTS. This is good for me because otherwise I would spend all my time partying and not working h

• 3 months later...

So, I'm planning my GTFO trip next year, I'm considering spending 6 months in Thailand. I love big cities and want to spend a few months in BKK, doing fuck all and fucking all kind of girls.

My question is, if you were in my shoes, would you chose to rent a place close to Nana and Soi Cowboy? I see the biggest advantage is that I can bring BG's and freelancers back to my place easily, and that I have entertainment close by. However, I don't think being that close to those 2 locations would be easy for me to meet and bring back regular girls, not to mention that it'll be hard to see the non-red light district side of BKK.

Any thoughts?

I think Asoke is my fav area to be around. Its got everything and Soi cowboi - Thats also because i personally think Nana is over rated - theres a new building called the Aston right across from cowboi that should be a decent posh place to rent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't stay near a red light district anywhere in the world. BKK is no different. I guess I'm just too cultured, or up my own ass. I'd rather have a nice condo or apartment near some of the culture, or sight seeing parts of the country. And then be able to access red light when I want to. Ideally a short rail ride away.

TBH I wouldn't stay in BKK for more than a year. I fantasize about the life of dudes investing in bars and gogos in BKK, but it's not for me. I'd rather experience all of BKK for 6mo-1year and then move to another big city like Tokyo or Shanghai and just visit BKK for the mongering