Some BMs have asked about Mods and Admins issuing warnings. The member's warning system is a function that puts a member user on notice for minor indescretions but that are not enough for an ourtright ban. It also allows the Admins & Mods to see whether another Admin / Mod has also addressed the offending poster's topic and when, so that the poster is not punished twice (or more) for the same offence.

Every user starts with a warn level of Zero (0) %. Boardies can only see their own warn levels - only Admins and Mods can see other members' warning history. To see the reason for a warning, click on the link marked "Warn Status" under your profile page. Clinking on the link opens a new page showing you, as a member, which

Admin or Moderator issue the warning to you and why. The Admin / Mod should have entered a reason at the time of your warning - if not, ask an Admin or Mod find out for you. Offences typically resulting in warnings are (in no particular order):

- Insults against the Thai Royal Family

- Racist Commentary

- References promoting illegal drug use

- References promoting violence

- Reference to promoting Paedophilia (kiddie-fiddlers)

- Homophobic Commentary

- Sexually explicit content (except in Forum areas where this is permitted - for Advanced Members only)

- General threatening or tasteless messages, abusive or personal attacks against other members, moderators and administrators (bans are at Admin / Mod discretion)

- Advertising goods and /or services without Admin authorisation (NB: Moderators CANNOT grant permission for this).

- Flaming

If you are warned and ignore the warnings, then once the warning level reaches 100% you will find yourself facing a temporary account ban of at least 1 month and possibly a permanent one (the duration is at the Admin's/Mod's discretion, and is based on the boardies' personal account history). Note that if you protest against warning in the open forum, that will result in you receiving another warning. Any disputes against a ban should be sent to the Admin or Mod who issued the warning direct for consideration.

Warnings can remain against your account for 30, 60, 90 or 120 days (depending on the offence), after which time they may be reduced or removed at the discretion of the Admin / Mod Team. However, please be aware that extreme cases result in an automatic and outright ban - this is non-negotiable.

This thread should be read in conjunction with the forum rules. Please read the rules to ensure that you stay 'on-side'.

Rgds

Jaco

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I dont think the moderaters/admistrators actually come on here anymore! But even so no point stiring shit as i just post here to try and give some fellow boys some advice and dont see the point in being confrontational with anyone.

• 1 month later...

I dont think the moderaters/admistrators actually come on here anymore! But even so no point stiring shit as i just post here to try and give some fellow boys some advice and dont see the point in being confrontational with anyone.

I'm not able to get moved to the advanced member group with access to the protected areas of the form. Keep getting an error message saying I am not authorized.

• 3 months later...

someone must have read my post as not long after i was promoted to Moderator lol! I cant get on here everyday due to my own business, but will try to keep an eye out for any rubbish on here as well as new advanced members!

• 3 years later...

I am curious why Bangkok Addicts and Pattaya Addicts don't share the same user databases? It's really not a bother but it would make for a more seamless and pleasant experience if they were tied together.

+1

• Upvote 2

• 3 years later...

I also have the issue of being an advanced member but unable to access advanced forums.

Does anyone know if there is a resolution to this. Would like to think it will be resolved sooner for my forthcoming trip planning.

I also have the issue of being an advanced member but unable to access advanced forums.

Does anyone know if there is a resolution to this. Would like to think it will be resolved sooner for my forthcoming trip planning.

Grunter,
You are still in the Members group. I am aware that it now says Advanced Member on your member title, but it is the Group field that defines access to the advanced content. The Title is automatically updated at certain point. Confusing, I know... I believe the setup came with the forum template.

Making 50 posts will automatically trigger a review, but it is not he post count in itself that qualifies for an advanced membership but the overall contribution to the forum.
  • Upvote 1

is it just me or?

but seems this BKK board is terribly out of date ?

And less people using it.

so many posts , dating 2011- etc....

Seems you can get more up to date  info about BKK  or Thailand or ???on the Pattaya board or even some of the Philippine boards.

I think is time for the ADMIN and MODS to do a clean sweep...?

And maybe i will get banned now for critic them?

• Upvote 1