September 2017 Roll Call

any one for a meet up then 

I probably would be, during the downtime.  I'll be booking 13-21, still looking at the fluctuation in prices (flight and hotel) and will jump on it pretty soon. 

I was considering staying a few nights near Nana and the rest near Cowboy.

Edit, just booked the hotel, will book the flight soon as well.  Sept 13 will be in country.

Edited by Gibsons1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I'm fully booked.  Just booked the flight, did the hotel a while back.  September 13-21 I'll be staying near Soi Cowboy.

Can't weasel out now as I have some serious cash invested in non-refundable tickets/hotel stay.

if you want a few cheeky  beers let me know I be in a hotel on soi 18 . around the time you be in bkk .

will

if you want a few cheeky  beers let me know I be in a hotel on soi 18 . around the time you be in bkk .

will

PM your Line # when you arrive, I'll be in country a few days after you.  If anyone else wants to get together for a beer and share stories, let me know.

Edited by Gibsons1

• 3 weeks later...

tell me about it Gibson1 ,when do you land in BKK ? still want to meet up , i have no line so either email or face ache would be better . 

September 13th.

All the broads are on LINE apparently, so join now, get a username and you are all set when you get in country (I'm assuming).  I joined and right away one of my contacts was on there, he talks to his ex-wife in Japan.  I believe the cheapest way to get cell service in Thailand is getting a tourist sim card with internet only (we call it Data here in North America), then download LINE app from Play Store/App store then you rockin'.  If I'm wrong about this, someone speak up. 

Even if you don't get a SIM there, can use Line over a WiFi signal.  Unsure how many places have free WiFi in Bangkok.

I have a 22hr stretch, including a 4hr layover in Taipei.

Edited by Gibsons1

which hotel you staying at ? you travelling EVA airline by any change ? i try and do Line 

Will

Eva Air out of Toronto.  Not looking forward to the long flight.  Plan on checking out the Duty Free at Pearson and in Taipei (stop over).  I hear the Duty Free in BKK sucks for pricing.