what is the nana hotel in bangkok like to stay at

Do look at Aspen Suites if quite is your thing. Aspen is highly regarded on tripadvisor.com and is beyond just clean, it's spotless. I was there last month, seen several fellas there with guests. The front desk was professional, no odd looks when arriving with the girls. The distance to Nana is maybe 4 minutes walk. It's really a nice place deserving of a look.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've stayed there 3 times since Nov 2007. It is very dated but it's worth trying even for a few nights just once. The staff in the restaurant are really friendly but the staff on the check-in desk can be a bit frosty. Security is good and will always check girls ID. It's cheap & cheerful but I will be trying somewhere different in November (Dawin further up Soi 4).

I've stayed at the Nana hotel for a total of almost 3 months in just the last year alone. So, from that, you can see that I find it quite acceptable. I stay in the Deluxe rooms, overlooking the famous Nana Parking Lot, at a cost of 1895 Baht per night (10% discount after 15 days). These are nice, large rooms (separate living room and bedroom) with a fairly good-sized refrigerator (bottled water supplied at no additional cost), in-room safe and a king-size bed. Very girl-friendly (girl's ID kept by security for your protection). The Nana hotel is not a luxury hotel like Marriott, etc., but it is certainly adequate unless you want to look like a "big-spender." It has a nice pool and a great breakfast buffet (included). My only complaint is that WiFi is available only at a charge of about 150 Baht per hour, and primarily only in the lobby (with your own laptop). But there are places nearby (restaurants, bars) that have free WiFi and I've been able to connect to some open WiFi signals (free-of-charge, but somewhat slow although adequate for email) from my room. The Nana hotel is well located for all the action around Sukhumvit, although I prefer Soi Cowboy over Nana Entertainment Plaza, but Cowboy is only about a 20 minute walk or a 5 minute walk and 5 minutes by BTS (Skytrain) away.

If you want to get some idea of what the rooms look like, see the post (#10) above from Piece Corp. Wow! With amenities like that (see his photos) I'd never want to leave the room!

See the Nana hotel website for more details.

Bakwan

If you haven't tried it yet, I'd say it's something every single male visitor to Bangkok should try - a unique experience, like entering a time warp - ancient looking furniture, a sense that things haven't changed for at least 30 years. And it's not just the furniture, the staff seem to have been there just as long, especially at the front desk, where they've been working on their world famous surliness for many a year. And the hookers working the cocktail bar have surely been around as long as most of the furniture. Plus you have those unique Nana features - the constant coming and going of bar girls through the lobby, the 24h open air brothel that is the hotel car park, all together a unique experience.

The funny thing is it seems to work quite well as a hotel - romms are clean and comfortable, if a bit shabby, stuff (TV, aircon etc) works. The pool is good and the coffee shop does good food. Just don't expect a modern 4 star experience.

PS What continues to amaze me is how they manage to refurbish the rooms with new replacements for furniture, telephones etc, when the originals surely haven't been manufactured for at least 20 years. Where do they get this stuff? Is there a big warehouse on the outskirts of Bangkok full of 70s style hotel furniture? What will the Nana hotel do when this has run out?

I stayed at the NANA in May of 2008, the rooms are close to everything and the Freelance action is literally at your doorstep!! The hotel is way outdated and needs desperate remodeling, yet it's a popular place. You have to stay there at least once, it was my first Hotel I stayed at in BKK. The Majestic Suites is a nicer hotel and right around the corner!!! Happy Hunting!!

IJ

I have not stayed in the Nana hotel for over tens years now for obvious reasons its a dump. I reccommend that very Bangkok newbie stay there you can not beat its location. It was my first mongering Hotel in Bangkok reccommend by faceless BM members.

I personally Like staying in the Nana area, close to everything I like. Last time stay at Dynasty grande big rooms small pool and had fitness room.

I wouldn't mind checking out the Aspen Suites next time I'm in bangkok I thought judging from the location maps on the internet it was far down soi 2 maybe a 20 minute walk to nana but majorAdamHenry stated it was only 4 minite walk to Nana. I dont know but I know that Majestic Grande on Soi 2 is about five minutes walk to nana and last time I was there I didnt see any sign of the Aspen Suites.

I will have to investigate it.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone stayed at the nana hotel in bangkok recentily and what is it like to stay their and is is worth staying etc etc, and can you take more than 1 or 2 etc girls to your hotel room if I was that lucky.

you stay there once and then you go somewhere nice. Its like a meat processing factory. Breakfast is full of mongers and girls...i recon its pretty degrading for both girls and guys. but if you just want to slut yourself its preety good because you save on travel time :P

• 3 weeks later...

I know this has been done to death but a report on tridadvisor said that they don't like middle eastern or Indian people, I made a reservation there and I don't want to be turned away b/c I'm indian, although I'm from Canada. My friend looks east indian but I don't, so should I switch the reservation or is this guy just exaggerating. The following is his post on tripadvisor...

"I stayed at Nana, Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok for three nights in late July, 2009. I got the reservation through a friend of mine from England who booked two rooms for us.

When we both arrived at the hotel, the male receptionist was amazed to see me, a colored person, with a white English man. He told my friend that there was a room available only for my friend. After a bitter argument, he agreed to give us the two rooms that my friend has already reserved. It was an extraordinary and weird situation; none of us could believe that in the 2oth century, there is still prejudice against a particular race and where, in a tourist country like Thailand.

The next day, when we met the person in charge, supposedly the manger in the lobby, and my friend complained about the behavior of the male receptionist, the manager said it emphatically in his pidgin English: 'we no interest in people from Middle East or India.'"

I know this has been done to death but a report on tridadvisor said that they don't like middle eastern or Indian people, I made a reservation there and I don't want to be turned away b/c I'm indian, although I'm from Canada. My friend looks east indian but I don't, so should I switch the reservation or is this guy just exaggerating. The following is his post on tripadvisor...

"I stayed at Nana, Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok for three nights in late July, 2009. I got the reservation through a friend of mine from England who booked two rooms for us.

When we both arrived at the hotel, the male receptionist was amazed to see me, a colored person, with a white English man. He told my friend that there was a room available only for my friend. After a bitter argument, he agreed to give us the two rooms that my friend has already reserved. It was an extraordinary and weird situation; none of us could believe that in the 2oth century, there is still prejudice against a particular race and where, in a tourist country like Thailand.

The next day, when we met the person in charge, supposedly the manger in the lobby, and my friend complained about the behavior of the male receptionist, the manager said it emphatically in his pidgin English: 'we no interest in people from Middle East or India.'"

I will be blunt, its a dump and experience or not experience you would never catch me in there again. If what you say above is true you can double that dislike!!

Try the Woraburi about 150 metres down Soi 4. Very nice rooms although smaller than Nana.

Available on Agoda for around 900 baht (2 persons + brekkie).