what is the nana hotel in bangkok like to stay at

Stayed at Nana hotel once, was actually already staying elsewhere in BKK, but couldn't be bothered to take a cab back. Booked in for the one night and was surprised at the standard, perhaps I got a recently renovated room. The Majestic around the corner is a nice enough place, when I was there at Christmas time, was actually invited to the staff party.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Omni is going for 30 something lately. I haven't stayed there in 2 or 3 years,and they upgraded me to a massive 1 brm suite then. The location is prime, the rooms are huge, and the pool is really big. It's still getting good reviews. It's so cheap that I'm thinking of giving it a go again. Anybody been there more recently ? Thanks; wj

• 4 weeks later...

I`m getting quite nostalgic reading these posts. First time I stayed at the Nana was probably around 1987 and it was the best value in town. Even then the rooms were kind of tired looking and there was one particular woman on reception who would ask " Why do you want to stay here" ? which always made me laugh. She was still there the last time I stayed there about 12 years ago and she was still going out of her way to give a hard time to people checking in. Maybe she`s still there, a real stern school ma`am type with glasses.

They used to have really good rooms on the fifth floor which were the same price as the rest but massive, with a sitting room and a huge bed on a raised platform, and the same little old guy with the Bobby Charlton haircut ( for any Brits ) would carry your bags to your room and bring a selection of ladies for you to choose from if you wanted about 20 minutes later, good old days.

I don`t think I could stay there again but I always have to have a walk past and a smile to myself when I`m in Bangkok, great memories and I would not have stayed anywhere else back then.

• 4 months later...

Mickey D's for mongers..10 billion served...an institution..Yes, even a little-bit

Old World charm..Me thinks.

Went there when airport closure-- and other booking up--Just fealt like home :unsure:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...