Couple of Questions

I plan some time in the future to go. Couple of questions. Coming in from DFW so about I see that it's about 21 hr or so in the plane, so I will have time to sleep and research more info about Bangkok. How much money should I take with me or just pulled from bank at Bangkok? Also when I'm there exchange rate and what I should look at for? Types of scam? Cell service, currently have sprint, should I get a burner? Or wifi is great at the majority of the areas I will be in like so far I read about Soi Cowboy and Nana plaza, I will probably be there for a week and I want to see everything if I can, site seeing as well. Type of hotels better in the city or near the areas I will be going to? Avg cost to stay in one as well. Also type of transportation, taxi, Uber, trian, and so on. This is my first time I will be leaving the country via plane and I always thought my first trip would be Europe or Spain (wanted to do the bull run :)) anything else I'm missing let me know I want know cover all of my bases and have a good time as well.

There are a number of threads on money. If you use an ATM, pick "safe ones" like inside a bank or those at terminal 21.

Scams: don`t take a taxi directly to a p4p establishment. Avoid upstairs pussy shows in Patpong. Watch your bin in bars to avoid bill padding.

Buy a cell phone card at the airport for your stay. Wifi is good at most hotels.

Hotels: http://bangkokredeye.com/bar-girl-friendly-hotels.html

I`ve found Pachahara Suites Sukhumvit and The Dawin to be good value.

The BTS is great for getting around. Also the boats on the river for seeing touristy stuff. 

Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy are the main red light areas along with Patpong. Lots of oily massage places can be found further sown Sukhumvit road (soi 24, 26 and more). The Huay Kwang district got the more upscale soapy massage places. 

It seems like you've made no effort to research anything yet. Don't plan on doing your research from the plane. Do it before you even book your flight.

The kinds of questions you are answering are like square one, basic questions and you're asking us all to spoon feed you a travel guide in our answers. Step one is to go to Google and do some serious hard reading on travel in BKK. Maybe watch some Youtube videos. Do some searches on BKK-Addicts for any questions you weren't able to answer from there.

After you feel 95-99% sure you know what you're getting into, that's when you should create a thread to ask any questions that you couldn't find answers to. The amount of time it would take you to type "transportation in bangkok" or "thailand scams" will be far less and yield you a much deeper amount of information.

Everything you asked has already been answered, I promise you.

• Upvote 3

Maybe my English ain't great and no not lazy, I already did my research and what I meant on the plane is to review my research again I'm trying to get your experience and learn from it. Stop assuming and try to understand and if you don't "spoon fed" then the post ain't really for you then. Yet you are very happy and comment on trips reports that goes to the smallest details take your double standard ass somewhere else.

There are a number of threads on money. If you use an ATM, pick "safe ones" like inside a bank or those at terminal 21.

Scams: don`t take a taxi directly to a p4p establishment. Avoid upstairs pussy shows in Patpong. Watch your bin in bars to avoid bill padding.

Buy a cell phone card at the airport for your stay. Wifi is good at most hotels.

The BTS is great for getting around. Also the boats on the river for seeing touristy stuff.

Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy are the main red light areas along with Patpong. Lots of oily massage places can be found further sown Sukhumvit road (soi 24, 26 and more). The Huay Kwang district got the more upscale soapy massage places.

Thanks you

Thank you

This "cell phone card" sounds interesting.  Is this like a wifi "dongle" (portable wifi?).  Ive always been hesitant to use my mobile except for in hotel (or restaurant etc) wifi spots. Now that I have downloaded the Line App, a prepaid portable wifi access would seem the perfect choice to be able to make calls as well???   

If so - thanks for the idea!

This "cell phone card" sounds interesting. Is this like a wifi "dongle" (portable wifi?). Ive always been hesitant to use my mobile except for in hotel (or restaurant etc) wifi spots. Now that I have downloaded the Line App, a prepaid portable wifi access would seem the perfect choice to be able to make calls as well???

If so - thanks for the idea!

Pretty sure he just means Thai SIM Card.

I plan some time in the future to go. Couple of questions. Coming in from DFW so about I see that it's about 21 hr or so in the plane, so I will have time to sleep and research more info about Bangkok. How much money should I take with me or just pulled from bank at Bangkok? Also when I'm there exchange rate and what I should look at for? Types of scam? Cell service, currently have sprint, should I get a burner? Or wifi is great at the majority of the areas I will be in like so far I read about SOI cowboy and Nana plaza, I will probably be there for a week and I want to see everything if I can, site seeing as well. Type of hotels better in the city or near the areas I will be going to? Avg cost to stay in one as well. Also type of transportation, taxi, Uber, trian, and so on. This is my first time I will be leaving the country via plane and I always thought my first trip would be Europe or Spain (wanted to do the bull run :)) anything else I'm missing let me know I want know cover all of my bases and have a good time as well.

Money - Take a hundred dollar bills, Take about $1000 for a week, Make sure your bank knows your travel plans so you can use your ATM card.  If you feel uncomfortable carrying so much money, take $300 and use your ATM for the rest.

Scams, when you get to the airport, go to the taxi rank to get a cab. Do not go with the drivers that come up to you after you exit passport control.

Cell Service - If you use AT&T or T-Mobile in the states, make sure your phone is unlocked and get a SIM card.  You can get one at the airport or any 7-11.  I use DTAC (Happy SIM).  For Sprint SIM card will not work.

hotels - Stay on or around Soi 4 (Nana Plaza) See the Hotel section on the Board for recommendations.  Good Central location, and everything is accessible via Skytrain. 

Transportation - Forget Uber and Taxis, too much traffic. Take the Skytrain.  For sightseeing get a day pass on the river.  Take the Skytrain to Saphan Taksin station, and the booth is right after you exit.  Soi Cowboy is one stop from Nana on the Sktrain.

How deep are your pockets because the variables at play are if you are going to 3-5 GoGo's every night and how much fucking you plan to do, buying drinks etc you want about 12k baht per day but I have 7k baht a day and it sets me well.

Scams use tuktuks with caution if you get one say no tailor because they will fuck you about I find once you know the area you instinctively know when someone is ripping you off it comes with time

You should just book the ticket get a hotel near nana get on the plane and get there don't worry about anything

I tried Queens Park plaza last visit, it's not a bad place away from the gogo's for a night. I enjoyed it.

I spent 8nights out of a 16day trip here in march one of me favourite hang outs