3 Quick Reviews: Sukhumvit Suites Hotel (S Sukhumvit Suites), CityPoint Hotel Asoke, Hotel Clover Asoke

I don’t have a lot to write about each of these and I won’t post any photos, so I thought I’d do a quick review in one single thread. I’ve stayed at all three in the last couple of months. All of them are close to the Sukhumvit MRT and Asoke BTS stations, and of course Terminal 21 and Soi Cowboy.

Long story short, I’d recommend any of these. The exception is if I want a swimming pool, as Hotel Clover is the only hotel of the three with a swimming pool. I think I like Hotel Clover the most because of the swimming pool, and the food carts and 7-Eleven right next to it. But I was happy with all of them.

All rooms were with a single large bed rather than twin beds.

Wifi worked fine in all three hotels.

Sukhumvit Suites Hotel (S Sukhumvit Suites)

Sukhumvit Suites is just around the corner from Soi Cowboy. I stayed in a Deluxe Room, which was a rather large and comfortable room with an additional comfortable chair for relaxation. The bathroom was also nice, and had a bathtub rather than just a shower. I usually prefer a good shower, but I’d still go with this hotel again. Among other things, it has a button system for things like "Do Not Disturb", so no need to run around looking for the sign to put on the outside of the door.

What’s interesting is that you need to take the elevator up to the 2nd floor to get to the reception. This means that you can simply skip the reception when returning to your room if you bring company. Some may like it that way.

One issue I had is that you only get free wifi access for one device at a time, at least as far as I could tell. When the session expires you can connect a new device, so you can get free wifi for all your devices by juggling them a bit. Not exactly ideal, but nothing’s perfect :)

CityPoint Hotel Asoke

The CityPoint is across the street and a bit down the next street from the Asoke/Sukhumvut intersection. Since it’s a bit further from the action I guess it’s more quiet, although I never had a problem with noise in any of these hotels.

I tried both the Standard and Deluxe rooms at the CityPoint. I would probably just go with the Standard room in the future, although the Deluxe room is a bit bigger, and offers more "toilet privacy". The bathroom in the Standard room is separated from the rest of the room with an opaque glass wall.

Generally, the hotel seems fresh and clean, and has comfortable showers. But like most hotels, there water seems to vary between hot and cold every now and then.

A tiny issue with CityPoint is the lack of a FamilyMart or 7-Eleven nearby. But you don’t have to walk far to find places to buy stuff so it’s really no big deal.

Hotel Clover Asoke

Hotel Clover is across the street from the CityPoint. Most nights it has street food carts right outside, in addition to a 7-11 next door, so you’ll never run out of things to stuff your face with.

I stayed in the Standard Room. It’s not the biggest room in the world, but again, it’s comfortable and fresh. You also control things like "Do Not Disturb" with a button panel. Nice bathroom and comfortable shower.

This hotel is the only one of the three with a pool. The pool is somewhat small, but you can easily swim a few strokes. There are few chairs, although I never had any problems with the pool area being crowded. There’s a bar by the pool as well. The view is pretty nice, with a glass wall being the only thing separating you from falling to your death (don’t worry, it’s pretty solid). Also, part of the pool only has a glass floor so that you can look down on the street below.

One tiny negative is that there’s no regular fridge, just a tiny minibar. However, it does keep your drinks somewhat cold and you can fit a few bottles or boxes in there. No big deal.

I actually never got the chance to try out the gym. I notice there seems to be a lack of photos of the gym at the Clover online for some reason...

It seems very few of these hotel have the bench press setup, though.

• 1 month later...

I can never get my head around hotels and their wi-fi policies especially in this day and age.    You would have thought Wi-fi was a given but some charge for using it where as some don't but this 1 device policy is just a nightmare.  I have wife and daughter and myself all wanting to use our devices and we usually have more than one such as an ipad and iphone so this just does not work.  Then you have the free wi fi which is restricted so speeds seen 10 years back and you got to pay to use it.

A lot of people now factor wi-fi into there hotel choices so hotels must lose out to those offering than those that don't

• 1 month later...

S Sukhumvit Suites is my go to place when in BKK. Price is right. Rooms are always clean, staff is friendly, and hotel is guest friendly. Some of the rooms are on the smaller side, but hell its not like your having a party there. The restaurant is great although it could get pricey if you stay there late after happy hour. We used to pay the extra for breakfast but after coming in so late often missed breakfast. Extremely convenient location near Soi Cowboy, BTS, MRT and Terminal 21 Mall. Usually stroll down the various side sois bar hopping during the day.

• 2 years later...
On 12/16/2019 at 5:29 AM, Donny_Boy said:

Sorry if reviving a dead thread any new updates on S Sukhumvit Suites ?

Not really? Did you have anything specific in mind?

I have stayed there every now and then. You can still skip the reception if you don't want to show off your lady friend to the friendly reception staff, although they do have some rooms on the same floor as the reception, so request a higher floor if that is an issue.

• Like 1

Not really? Did you have anything specific in mind?
I have stayed there every now and then. You can still skip the reception if you don't want to show off your lady friend to the friendly reception staff, although they do have some rooms on the same floor as the reception, so request a higher floor if that is an issue.

Thanks just wondering if it is still a good place to stay. Don’t mind reception checkin or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk