Passage between Sukhumvit Soi 2 & 4 opened yet?

Planning to stay at "ICheckin Ploenchit" in Sukhumvit Soi 2 soon and just want to know if anyone on the ground right now can tell me if the walkway between Soi 2 and Soi 4 through Rajah hotels parking lot has reopened yet or not!?

Don't want to walk all the way out to Sukhumvit Rd and around to get down to Nana Plaza!

If the passage is still closed I will choose a hotel on Soi 4 instead.

Plahgat

Edited by plahgat

Sorry to bug u again mark but is Annie's Do Do bar open.

No problemo. Do Do is part of the renovation. The building from Do Do to next to the 7/11 has been gutted. Now it is an empty shell.

If I remember I will grab a pic later today. That's if the toxic smell is gone. Yesterday it smelt like a glue sniffers paradise as I walked past.

Cheers,

Mark

Hi,

Some photo's of the construction site. Last 2 are towards where Annie's Do Do was/will be maybe. The walk through is still blocked off and the turds at the Sharma will not let anyone through so it's the long way 'round I am afraid. I understand it has really hurt the Mexican restaurant on the other side.

Cheers,

Mark

20170430_134820.jpg

20170430_134925.jpg

20170430_134937.jpg

I arrive on 20th of May, staying at the Majestic Grand. Any chance the passage will be open by then?

Mate,

You know as much as I do but from the photo's above it looks very unlikely.

Cheers,

Mark

Arrived in Bangkok today and decided to stay on Soi 2 anyway!

Passage at Rajah Hotel still closed, but on my way back from Nana Plaza a couple of hours ago with a barfine from Rainbow 4,

my barfine said we could walk through the passage at Shama Sukhumvit Serviced Apartments, it is just before you get to Rajah Hotel.

She said she had done it before both with customers and alone without problems,

and it worked tonight as well, guards on both sides didn't raise an eyebrow as we walked through! :)

Plahgat

Edited by plahgat
  • Upvote 1

Some news!

Bad news is that the guard at Shama on the Soi 2 entrance today caught me

and didn't allow me to pass through that passage to Soi 4 any longer! :rolleyes:  <_>

Good news is a small opening has been made for pedestrian traffic at the old passage at Rajah Hotel! :D

I walked back and forth tonight without anyone stopping me, I asked a guy and he said OK to walk through!

It's still lots of construction going on and part of the ground at the passage is dirt and hasn't been paved yet, but still walkable!

There were lights and work going on inside the new big Restaurant and Pub and also in the two side bars,

and there were lots of the staff having a meeting tonite at the site, so my guess is they will soon be opening ! :lol:

Plahgat

• Upvote 1