Chafing

sonofsam2

No not what you think or as one member described 600 reps per minute and things soon get sore.

No I always suffer and its probably as I am too fat (well I am not that bad) but chafing at the top of my thighs.  This only happens in warm weather so when I get to Thailand and I walk a lot I start to get sore.   Anyone else experience it.   I know its the same as runners nipple etc and you can buy cream but I tried cream and it just seemed to make things worse.

So what I need is proper boxer shorts etc to wear which will stop skin on skin down there.  So any recommendations bar wearing cycling shorts.

Google "Bodyglide Anti-chafe balm." This is, by far, the best thing that I have ever found for the problem. Rub it on the area like a stick of deodorant and you should be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will try the anti glide stuff.

Did try and buy talc in bkk last time. However the girls behind the counter of boots the chemist thought it was hillarious that I tried buying the tester bottle instead of the huge normal size bottle. I really didn't want to be carrying around a kilo of talc with me.

Don't have to be hugely overweight for this to happen.  I've had this before, I have large muscular legs and when I sweat, it's happened to me at work. 

I used talcum powder and it's worked somewhat, I find tight boxer briefs (soft material) reduce it immensely, making the soft material rub together and not my skin.  

Losing body fat does help a lot (even some muscle mass) as your body sweats less afterwards. 

I'm worried about excessive sweating because I know it's very hot and crazy humid in Thailand.  The heat isn't that terrible, but the high humidity makes you unable to stop sweating.  I doubt I'll get used to the climate in the 8 days I'm coming to visit, so I'm just working on getting in shape and lowering my body fat.

Right now it's 31c and 85% humidity in Bangkok... that's a recipe to sweat your ballz off.  Not much way around it.  I'm going to limit most of my activity to night time.

Edited by Gibsons1

I use one of the Thai branded cooling powders. Works somewhat but i sweat like i am in the shower so i also need the help of a steroid cream to keep the redness at bay. Mines isnt an over weight problem but alcohol to excess more than one night in a row and i am sweating for days

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I've had this problem many times before and Im not a huge guy either. For the most part- the sweat that causes this is from when it runs down your back and into your ass and then down your thighs. When I know I am going to be walking around a lot and its going to be hot out I roll up a paper towel and stick it in the top my my ass crack and have it up so that it collects the sweat from my back and is held up by my underwear/boxers. Its a little uncomfortable at first but it is way better than chaffing.

I've had this problem many times before and Im not a huge guy either. For the most part- the sweat that causes this is from when it runs down your back and into your ass and then down your thighs. When I know I am going to be walking around a lot and its going to be hot out I roll up a paper towel and stick it in the top my my ass crack and have it up so that it collects the sweat from my back and is held up by my underwear/boxers. Its a little uncomfortable at first but it is way better than chaffing.

Your whole body sweats, I seriously doubt sweat from one part of the body travels all the way down there as it's most likely groin/butt sweat that is the issue. 

If you sweat that heavily, talc is probably the best bet.  There is also moisture wicking clothes that can help:

Under%20Armour%20Black%20Tactical%20Tech

UnderArmour-e1482201710217.jpg

I find snug boxer/briefs help immensely. 

Edited by Gibsons1

Your whole body sweats, I seriously doubt sweat from one part of the body travels all the way down there as it's most likely groin/butt sweat that is the issue. 

If you sweat that heavily, talc is probably the best bet.  There is also moisture wicking clothes that can help:

Under%20Armour%20Black%20Tactical%20Tech

UnderArmour-e1482201710217.jpg

I find snug boxer/briefs help immensely. 

To each is own. I'm only speaking from personal experience. I do use spandex shorts often but even these have failed for me a good many times.