Vietnamese and More Restaurant - Great food for those who want something different

Hello Gents,

I wanted to share a Vietnamese restaurant I came across that was close to my hotel in the Klong Toei area. I searched Google for a Vietnamese restaurant and it came up with Vietnamese and More close by, so close I thought I could walk to it, given I had already walked 10 miles that day on a walking tour. I began the trek and traipsed through back alleys, dark corridors, unlit streets and the like until I finally found the place. Having just come from Ho Chi Minh City a few days before, I was looking for some good Vietnamese in Thailand. The food was very good and lived up to the 4.5 star rating by TripAdvisor and I could see many middle and upper middle class Thais and well as Vietnamese were also enjoying themselves with food and beverage.

I ordered the Spring Rolls and the Bun Cha (grilled pork, pork patty and mixed vegetable) for my main course and was not disappointed. The place is modern and has a nice vibe. A few ladies were by the small bar and looked to be regular thai women. I did take a cab back to the hotel since it was late, I had a full stomach, and my feet were near revolt. Good prices and worth the visit in my opinion.  Check it out. It is located at :99/9-11 Rimthang Rotfai Saiklao Paknam | Khlongtoei, BangkokBangkok 10110, Thailand +66 2 671 9955

Thanks for the review! Some questions:

- How much did you pay for your meal?

- Which hotel did you stay at?

- Do you know that the restaurant is located in the outskirts off Bangkoks biggest slum?

- Why did you want to eat Vietnamese food when Thai tastes so much better?

Thanks for the review! Some questions:

- How much did you pay for your meal?

- Which hotel did you stay at?

- Do you know that the restaurant is located in the outskirts off Bangkoks biggest slum?

- Why did you want to eat Vietnamese food when Thai tastes so much better?

Funny you should ask and good questions. 

Answer to question 1: 380 Bht 225 entree, 90 appetizer, and 65 for drink. Cost 11 dollars. The food was flavorful, the surroundings very upscale, and the staff very accommodating. When I am on vacation, I do not scrimp on providing myself good meals. I just went to one of my fav Vietnamese restaurants here in the DC area and it cost me 63 dollars for two, so that meal in BKK was a bargain. 

Q2. I stayed at the Modena by Fraser. 4-4-5 star hotel that is near the Queens convention center and the BRT. Very nice place. Check out my review here and there are many on tripadvisor who think the same as I do. It was almost half the price that it is now and I guess that is because it is more popular and better known. 

Q3. I did not know this and I think I may have walked through some of them. In my past life, I walked through some very dangerous places all the time because it was my job. Never had to kill anyone. Anyone that swung first got to pick the hospital of their choosing. Just saying. The hotel area I was staying in is upscale and you should check it out.

Q4. I like Vietnamese food and to each their own.  My best friend was Vietnamese and I worked as wait staff when I was in college in a Vietnamese restaurant. I love every facet of the food and was why I had to stop in Vietnam just to eat the food and hang out. Well worth it. As to Thai food, it is good as well. I like Lad Na and the various styles of Thai. I like to mix things up a bit and I enjoy Thai as well. I even learned to make Mango and sticky rice upon my return because it was so good and healthy. I lost 15 pounds by walking and eating their food over a weeks time. I also walked 7-10 miles a day sight seeing, so I think that is where that weight went.  Best way to see how people live is to walk where they walk. A great time.

Anyway, thanks for the questions and hope they prove to be useful. Enjoy your stay in BKK and see you around on the Board.

PS: I see that we have the same interests: Tight asses and Big Firm tits. :P  

Ok thanks for answers mate! Actually don't think its especially dangerous in Khlong Toy, just a lot of real poor people packed in a tight space.

I've actually been thinking about staying at that hotel since it seems to be a great hotel for small amount of baht. But the location has put me off and I've chosen hotels closer to BTS or the action. How much did you pay for it and was is guest friendly?

Take care!

Ok thanks for answers mate! Actually don't think its especially dangerous in Khlong Toy, just a lot of real poor people packed in a tight space.

I've actually been thinking about staying at that hotel since it seems to be a great hotel for small amount of baht. But the location has put me off and I've chosen hotels closer to BTS or the action. How much did you pay for it and was is guest friendly?

Take care!

Hey Mate, Not a problem with responding because that is what we are here for; to support each other. Yes, I can understand about dealing with the poor and most people just want to live the best life that has been dealt to them. 

In the question about the hotel, it is about 70 usd now but was only about 45 last year. It is nice for the price and I believe you can get a discount price if you make a reservation on their website. The MRT is only about a 5 minute walk and one stop up and you are in the action. Also, only 10 minutes by cab in heavy traffic to Soi Cowboy. Yes, it appeared to be guest friendly as they didn't say anything as I walked with my Take away to my room. Hopes this helps. Have a great day. Cheers!!

Thanks for letting me know about that. Just ordered my lunch delivery from there. They get very good reviews.

Cheers,

Mark

Let me know what you think about the food. You should visit the place as it is very nice inside. Cheers. 

I ate at this Vietnamese restaurant with someone I was dating before. She searched it up and found several good reviews on pantip which is the reason for us going there.

Prices were decent albeit I can't remember exact numbers.

99f86bae50c9afe80cd63ac7b8c40c55.jpg

Hey Davvid, 

Thanks for the information and I shall place that in my data banks to stop by. Thanks for the share as I am always looking for something a bit off the beaten or should I saw "eaten" path. (sorry for the terrible pun, if you can even call it that. ^_^ )

Let me know what you think about the food. You should visit the place as it is very nice inside. Cheers. 

Hi Chicken,

To be honest it was just ok, nothing special. And quite expensive. Having said that I would certainly order it again.

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Mark. I will keep that in mind. For me, having come from Vietnam a few days earlier, it was Ok. I think I will look for a good Korean restaurant for some Bigolgi next time. Know of any? Cheers!! 

Thanks Mark. I will keep that in mind. For me, having come from Vietnam a few days earlier, it was Ok. I think I will look for a good Korean restaurant for some Bigolgi next time. Know of any? Cheers!! 

Hi Chook,

There are some Korean's in a plaza between Suk Soi 10 & 12. There is also a good one in the Times Square building, 2 floors up from GF. Where the walkway exits to Asoke BTS, a bit past soi 12 . I love the BBQ at your table.

Cheers Mate,

Mark

Edited by Bar4