Terminal 21 Food Court

9 hours ago, MarLion said:

Oh wow, Terminal 21. There are so many delicious food there on the food court. Amazing how they feature different cuisines though. Still, I find myself coming back for that super tasty Tom Kha Gai. Best soup ever. 

I'll be sure to make a note to try it there next time.  

7 hours ago, Rocky Rockstar said:

I have a thing for Pepper Lunch. It’s simple, cheap & tasty (really like the beef option!) and with the chain not being in the U.K. it’s something I always look forward to when I come to BKK 😄 

+1.  Pepper Lunch is a very decent quick steak option.  Go for the top menu item, it's still cheaper than getting it in a steakhouse.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Not in the food court area there is a Tim Ho Wan Dim sum located just after the long escalator if i recall correctly.  This place has the best baked BBQ pork bun.  They are starting to open branches around the world highly recommended.

So back when it opened, I think Pier 21 really was one of the best, if not the best, food courts in Bangkok.  But now that Siam Paragon and Centralworld have both redone their food courts, it's not the case anymore.  Pier 21 is still the cheapest and that was always the biggest draw, but the quality doesn't seem up to par compared to the other newer food courts.

I believe the new food courts in both Siam Paragon and Centralworld invited famous food stalls from the city to set up shop.  I saw some Michelin stickers on some of the stalls.  Seems to be a wider array of options as well.  But both these food courts are definitely more expensive.  And I hate how they place the food court stalls next to non-food court stalls which require cash payment.  It's super confusing and non-intuitive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2022 at 9:10 AM, Richmond72 said:

So back when it opened, I think Pier 21 really was one of the best, if not the best, food courts in Bangkok.  But now that Siam Paragon and Centralworld have both redone their food courts, it's not the case anymore.  Pier 21 is still the cheapest and that was always the biggest draw, but the quality doesn't seem up to par compared to the other newer food courts.

I believe the new food courts in both Siam Paragon and Centralworld invited famous food stalls from the city to set up shop.  I saw some Michelin stickers on some of the stalls.  Seems to be a wider array of options as well.  But both these food courts are definitely more expensive.  And I hate how they place the food court stalls next to non-food court stalls which require cash payment.  It's super confusing and non-intuitive.

Any thoughts on the food courts at Emporium and Emquartier? 

6 hours ago, VivaMattyVegas said:

Any thoughts on the food courts at Emporium and Emquartier? 

I didn't check out the Emporium, but EmQuartier is more about all the great international chains than the actual Thai food court.  If you go to the basement, the traditional Thai food court is on one side and kinda meh, but on the other side is a separate food court with a bunch of famous international chains.

And if you go up to the Helix section of EmQuartier, there are also a bunch of great sit down restaurants.

IconSiam has a food court people rave about, but it felt really touristy to me.  Worth checking out just to ride the free ferry if you have time.

never found terminal 21 food court very good and never went there for good food, but went there for cheap quick clean food before going to nana or Soi Cowboy. best thing there was the papaya salad or steam garlic chicken ( Hainanese Chicken ). Before all the chinese tourists it was a great place to see alot of thai girls freelancers and gogo girls. 

• 2 weeks later...