Sky Bar at Lebua

So, I had never been to the original Sky Bar (of Hangover 2 fame). It was an amazing meal, but I've got to say the prices are off the charts. I'm no Cheap Charlie, but for one bottle of average wine, a couple of drinks and dinner (no dessert), for me and my TG, I laid down almost 30,000 THB.

Amazing views, good meal, but worth it? I don't think so.

• Upvote 1

Agreed on the value for money. I'm happy to pay for high quality but after a certain point depending on the item it's just like throwing money away.

I'm assuming the 8-10k for meals was each? Was the restaurant busy at those prices?

This is a rubbish place only frequented by tourists because of the Hangover fame. I don't think I've ever seen a Thai person on the couple of occasions I've been dragged there by someone visiting Bangkok who wants to see it. That kind of money can buy you some truly great food in some of the top restaurants in Bangkok. Twice over.

• Upvote 1

Have to agree with JS89 here.

Very over priced for what it is and seem to only get away with serving average food at those prices due to its fame and purely to tourists.

Yes, the view is nice and the food isn't bad, but at that price you can get so much better in this city

• Upvote 1