ayutthaya daytrip

ariesjon1804

hi. im planing to have ayutthaya day trip.

my plan will go there around 6am or 7am by train.

and after i reach there better rent tuk tuk for a trip or rent a bike do it on my own?

and how about going back to bangkok? is it still the same way? by train? or better ride van?

if by train can i buy it advance (round trip)

thank you.

You can pick up a private hire car for the day for 3,000 baht who will take you there, show you all the tourist sights and then take you back to Bangkok in air-conditioned comfort. If you're not too price sensitive, it's a great option.

I went a couple of years ago. Took the 3-class train from and to Hualampong which went once every hour or so. Took about 1,5-2 hours done way and was a real nice and local experience. I bought the tickets at the station the same day, no need to pre-buy.

We hired a tuktuk for 300 baht/hour but renting a bike is probably more fun if not to hot or rainy.

Here is the timetable: http://www.railway.co.th/checktime/checktime.asp?lenguage=Eng

You can pick up a private hire car for the day for 3,000 baht who will take you there, show you all the tourist sights and then take you back to Bangkok in air-conditioned comfort. If you're not too price sensitive, it's a great option.

sad to say.. we are on budget trip.. but thx for the advice..

I went a couple of years ago. Took the 3-class train from and to Hualampong which went once every hour or so. Took about 1,5-2 hours done way and was a real nice and local experience. I bought the tickets at the station the same day, no need to pre-buy.

We hired a tuktuk for 300 baht/hour but renting a bike is probably more fun if not to hot or rainy.

Here is the timetable: http://www.railway.co.th/checktime/checktime.asp?lenguage=Eng

wow.. ok.. thx for ur information.

btw how to go back to bkk city from there? the same way we go? ride train again? 

bcos i read someone ride a van when going back to bkk.

thx

We took the train back to Bangkok again, don´t really know the benefits of taking a van one way. Maybe saves you some time?

One option is to get on and off the train at Ban Sue and connect to the MRT which saves you some time since the trains slow down when they enter Bangkok. I really like everything about Hualamphong station and riding the the slow train through the Old Town, but thats just me.

Edited by atlaspopovic

We took the train back to Bangkok again, don´t really know the benefits of taking a van one way. Maybe saves you some time?

One option is to get on and off the train at Ban Sue and connect to the MRT which saves you some time since the trains slow down when they enter Bangkok. I really like everything about Hualamphong station and riding the the slow train through the Old Town, but thats just me.

so meaning we can get on from bang sue to ayutthaya? since i will stay near MRT train, so ill ride mrt till bang sue.. and change to bang sue junction train?

am i correct?

2cgg9xg.jpg

and other question, how long usually the train will stop for every station? i want to estimate the time from my place to bang sue station. hehe.. tq

Yes you can change from MRT to train at Bang Sue (you can take the MRT to Hualamphong aswell).

You mean how long time it takes to Bang Sue with the MRT? According to Google Maps a trip with MRT from Phechaburi to Bang Sue is 25-30 mins.

Yes you can change from MRT to train at Bang Sue (you can take the MRT to Hualamphong aswell).

You mean how long time it takes to Bang Sue with the MRT? According to Google Maps a trip with MRT from Phechaburi to Bang Sue is 25-30 mins.

ur suggestion better i go to hua lamphong or stay with my plan? go to bang sue and change train? thx mate..

and do yo understand about this?

9858co.jpg

what is the difference between top and bottom price? thank you.

It doesn´t really matter. Save some time and go to Bang Sue or take the train from Hua Lamphong with all its charm, the choice is yours.

No idea the what the different prices mean, maybe the bottom includes a meal?

• 1 month later...