7 Day Sim - Internet & Texting - which is best from DMK

I got the Dtac tourist sim ( 15 days option for 599b ) you can also get a 7 day option for 299b

Works brilliant I have been using it for 8 days now with no issues all over Thailand

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/tourist-sim.html

You get unlimited internet & 100b credit for calls/txts

I prefer AIS. No particluar reason, they are just who I have always used. Their service has been reliable and consistent at a great price.

If you have checked bags, you can get your SIM card while waiting for the baggage to get to the carousel. The booth will have it installed, activated and you on your way in less than 5 minutes.

I had a look at DTAC  

So the options would be Happy Tourist 299 Free 8-day unlimited Internet (Maximum speed of up to 2.5 GB) Free 100-baht call credit Special international call rate via 00400  

or  if staff at DMK DTAC allow

purchase a sim for 49 baht and the package below

Super 4G SIM 1.99 baht / MB All networks 1.5 satang / second 49 baht / SIM Special Promotion Free YouTube all night x 12 months (midnight-8 a.m.) Enjoy free music with no data charges

+ Unlimited internet at 1Mbps 7 Days Unlimited at 1 Mbps max speed Automatically renew 52 weeks long Enjoy music streaming with no data charges 100 baht / 7 days Press *104*378*9# dial Special Promotion Special! Double speed to 2 Mbps until 23 Dec 2017  

I don't think I need any faster speeds but I could pay an extra 50 baht and get up to 8 Mbps  Alternative for 8Mbps speeds:  

Unlimited internet at 4Mbps 7 Days Unlimited at 4 Mbps max speed Automatically renew 52 weeks long Enjoy music streaming with no data charges 150 baht / 7 days Press *104*388*9# dial Special Promotion Special! Double speed to 8 Mbps until 23 Dec 2017  

So I think I'd prefer to go via the sim and unlimited internet add in route should they allow that, will give that a whirl at DMK when I arrive in a few weeks otherwise I will just pay a little extra and get the tourist sim

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are there booths to purchase SIM cards set up outside arrivals at DMK airport like there are at Suvarnabhumi ? I assume there would be but good to know in advance (stopping there soon weehee)

Edited by wallywest

Are there booths to purchase SIM cards set up outside arrivals at DMK airport like there are at Suvarnabhumi ? I assume there would be but good to know in advance (stopping there soon weehee)

Late reply, and might be too late.

AIS 1-2 call and other sim providers have booths outside arrivals at DMK airport.

When you come out of the arrivals exit ,turn left and walk straight.You'll see AIS 1-2-call and others on the left before the escalator up to departures.

Edited by ianjamesmax