Boxtel @ Suvarnabhumi Airport

Someone mentioned the Boxtel by the hour hotel at Suvarnabhumi in a thread recently. I used it for 4 hours a couple of days ago. My flight home was delayed from 9 am to 2.15 pm. The airline should have sent me a mail, letting me know so I could have stayed at my hotel in the city. But no mail. So I got up at 5.30 am, and was at the airport by 7.

The taxi did not use the highway by default for some reason. Every time I take a taxi to the airport, the driver takes a new route, so I did not notice at first. Had I been in a hurry, it could have been catastrophic. Always tell the drive specifically to use the highway!

Anyway, here is what you need to know about the Boxtel @ Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Location. The Boxtel hotel is located at the B level by the Airport Rail Link and the exchanges. You need to use the elevator to get there, at least from the departure level. BKK have this weird thing where the arrival level is blocked off.

Booking. They have a website for booking, but it is not intuitive at all. You need to select dates for check in and check out, and they can not be the same date. Yet, it is all by the hour. So just don’t bother with the website. I showed up and payed cash by the counter. Staffed by a friendly woman who spoke good English. The place did not seem to be very busy, and there are plenty of rooms. You can choose from 2 hours up if I remember correctly.

Price. 3 hours was 950. 4 hours was 1250. Then there is a 100-baht deposit. Wifi included.

Standard. The rooms are very basic as expected. DIY style. Very clean. Overall quiet, but I did hear the occasional suitcase being dropped. There is an outlet for charging and a fan in the roof. Keep the fan on as it gets very warm inside. I am 180 cm and had no problem with the size of the bed. The toilet is further down the hall, so better make a visit before you settle in. There are a few vending machines outside and a seating area.

I do not recommend it as a ST hotel.

I was really glad I had this option! So much better that hanging out at the departure hall for 5 hours.

Bilde 09.01.2018, 05 53 24.jpg

Bilde 09.01.2018, 02 05 42.jpg

Bilde 09.01.2018, 02 05 54.jpg

Bilde 09.01.2018, 02 06 19.jpg

• Upvote 5

Someone mentioned the Boxtel by the hour hotel at Suvarnabhumi in a thread recently. I used it for 4 hours a couple of days ago. My flight home was delayed from 9 am to 2.15 pm. The airline should have sent me a mail, letting me know so I could have stayed at my hotel in the city. But no mail. So I got up at 5.30 am, and was at the airport by 7.

The taxi did not use the highway by default for some reason. Every time I take a taxi to the airport, the driver takes a new route, so I did not notice at first. Had I been in a hurry, it could have been catastrophic. Always tell the drive specifically to use the highway!

Anyway, here is what you need to know about the Boxtel @ Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Location. The Boxtel hotel is located at the B level by the Airport Rail Link and the exchanges. You need to use the elevator to get there, at least from the departure level. BKK have this weird thing where the arrival level is blocked off.

Booking. They have a website for booking, but it is not intuitive at all. You need to select dates for check in and check out, and they can not be the same date. Yet, it is all by the hour. So just don’t bother with the website. I showed up and payed cash by the counter. Staffed by a friendly woman who spoke good English. The place did not seem to be very busy, and there are plenty of rooms. You can choose from 2 hours up if I remember correctly.

Price. 3 hours was 950. 4 hours was 1250. Then there is a 100-baht deposit. Wifi included.

Standard. The rooms are very basic as expected. DIY style. Very clean. Overall quiet, but I did hear the occasional suitcase being dropped. There is an outlet for charging and a fan in the roof. Keep the fan on as it gets very warm inside. I am 180 cm and had no problem with the size of the bed. The toilet is further down the hall, so better make a visit before you settle in. There are a few vending machines outside and a seating area.

I was really glad I had this option! So much better that hanging out at the departure hall for 5 hours.

attachicon.gifBilde 09.01.2018, 05 53 24.jpg

attachicon.gifBilde 09.01.2018, 02 05 42.jpg

attachicon.gifBilde 09.01.2018, 02 05 54.jpg

attachicon.gifBilde 09.01.2018, 02 06 19.jpg

Good one. I had no idea that this option was also available at the airport. Thanks for the info bro..

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Anyway, here is what you need to know about the Boxtel @ Suvarnabhumi Airport.

I agreed. Helped a lot when I arrived in the wee morning hours from my flight. Only thing that was opened when I arrived was the sim card shops outside of the baggage claim. Strolled right up to their tiny check in booth and ask for a room for 3 hours. Enough to power nap and have most of the shops open (ie ARL line and Currency Exchange). Only down side is no bathroom/shower. If you need to use the bathroom, head on out to one of the many public bathroom in the airport which is annoying for me.