FuramaXclusive Asoke?

This more upscale hotel is coming up at a reasonable price for me, although non-refundable, it has free breakfast and a LARGE room for Bangkok standards for a decent price.

It's a couple dollars more than S Sukhumvit Suites which has a better location, but small rooms and no free breakfast. 

Just wondering if anyone has stayed at the FuramaXclusive Asoke which looks to be about 500M from Soi Cowboy, has done the walk and has seen the neighbourhood, etc.  Anything interesting on that walk, like massage places or other similar activities?  Guest Friendly???

Thanks.

Edited by Gibsons1

I guess I did some searches and got the answers I needed.

The price dropped a couple bucks more and I booked.  Tons of good reviews of it being guest friendly, blocks from the MRT (easy from the airport rail) and a couple minute walk from Soi Cowboy, included buffet breakfast (which I've read is good), etc.  Lots of positive vibes.

Was going to book S Sukhumvit Suites but the tiny rooms killed it for me.  Their 'suite' is about the same size as FuramX's regular room.

Yeah i've stayed there. It was adequate for the price. The major thing is that the breakfast is only average and fairly tasteless and the rooftop pool sucks. The "pool" is actually two small plastic wading pools sunk into a wooden deck on the roof. So if the pool is a big deal I would cancel the booking.

Otherwise the stay was comfortable and rooms okay but overall nothing really special. I would give it a solid 7/10

Hope that helps.

Yeah i've stayed there. It was adequate for the price. The major thing is that the breakfast is only average and fairly tasteless and the rooftop pool sucks. The "pool" is actually two small plastic wading pools sunk into a wooden deck on the roof. So if the pool is a big deal I would cancel the booking.

Otherwise the stay was comfortable and rooms okay but overall nothing really special. I would give it a solid 7/10

Hope that helps.

I don't care about the pool, I try to avoid the sun as I'm pale. 

Guest friendly, clean, nice size room, value for money, proximity to Cowboy, is what I like.  The free breakfast will save me money if it's decent.  Cheap food in Ter 21 blocks away, BTS and MRT close by... good location.

Edited by Gibsons1

I just completed a 4 night stay.

Pros:

-yes, guest friendly

-room in fine condition

-nice comfortable bed

-excellent WiFi

-good size deluxe room

-nice staff

-included breakfast (but I never tried it)

-close to BTS / MRT

-separate shower and bathtub

Cons

-I didn’t care for the location as I felt a bit removed from the center of action

-front desk never once called my room when girls left hotel

I didn’t check out the pool.

In the future, i would consider other hotels before choosing to stay here.

Crash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just completed a 4 night stay.

Pros:

-yes, guest friendly

-room in fine condition

-nice comfortable bed

-excellent WiFi

-good size deluxe room

-nice staff

-included breakfast (but I never tried it)

-close to BTS / MRT

-separate shower and bathtub

Cons

-I didn’t care for the location as I felt a bit removed from the center of action

-front desk never once called my room when girls left hotel

I didn’t check out the pool.

In the future, i would consider other hotels before choosing to stay here.

Removed from the action sounds like a good thing to me as there would be less noise.  But, on a map it doesn't look more than 500 meters from Soi Cowboy or Ter 21.  That's probably less than a 5 minute walk. 

Guest Friendly doesn't mean they track the girls movement, as the last hotel didn't do it either.  Did they accept their ID or write down their name and info when they came in?

Removed from the action sounds like a good thing to me as there would be less noise. But, on a map it doesn't look more than 500 meters from Soi Cowboy or Ter 21. That's probably less than a 5 minute walk.

Guest Friendly doesn't mean they track the girls movement, as the last hotel didn't do it either. Did they accept their ID or write down their name and info when they came in?

Yes, they accepted the ID, but I’ve been used to other hotels calling me upon check out. I guess not all hotels are the same.

It all worked out tho, no bad girls.

Re location...I just felt not close enough to the action. No beer bars really close by. Cowboy is across the street, but not easy to jaywalk Asok. Had to walk down to corner and wait for the long light. I think there are other options to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I've stayed at Furama, if I walked in with the girls nobody asked at all but if the girl came up alone they would call to check and a second call when the girl leaves.

I really enjoyed my stay here (also because they upgraded me to a suite) but that being said the location feels a bit outside of the main fun areas.

• 1 month later...

I've stayed at Furama, if I walked in with the girls nobody asked at all but if the girl came up alone they would call to check and a second call when the girl leaves.

I really enjoyed my stay here (also because they upgraded me to a suite) but that being said the location feels a bit outside of the main fun areas.

You can't go up the elevator without a keycard so they just called the guest and brought them up, I'm sure.

Breakfast is okay, nothing that special.  Best dishes are the couple stir fry they have.  Haven't found a good American breakfast yet in Thailand, doubt I ever will.

It is removed a little farther from the action than I'd like, almost nothing for 500M to Terminal 21 except for 6 lane highway.

• 5 months later...

You can't go up the elevator without a keycard so they just called the guest and brought them up, I'm sure.

Breakfast is okay, nothing that special.  Best dishes are the couple stir fry they have.  Haven't found a good American breakfast yet in Thailand, doubt I ever will.

It is removed a little farther from the action than I'd like, almost nothing for 500M to Terminal 21 except for 6 lane highway.

Is there any joiner fee when you bring 2 girls

• 3 months later...