Anyone wanna buy me a beer? I'll show you around.

I've lived in Bangkok for a few years and I think I can offer some value if you're new. Such as...

• How to get taxis to use the meter
  • Which bars are topless/nude
  • Where to find the hottest girls..
  • ..or the cheapest
  • Which bars will try to scam you or have outrageous barfines
  • Avoiding scams and overpaying in general
  • How to spot a ladyboy (or meet one, if that's what you're into)
  • Where to get the best food
  • How to ask for what you want..
  • ..and negotiate the price..
  • ...or flirt and negotiate on your behalf and keep the mood light if she doesn't speak any English but you still want to get with her
  • How to flirt and joke around in Thai
  • How to get over being shy and not letting the girl (or worse, the hostess) lead the interaction
  • Getting a girls contact details if you can't/won't have her go with you but want to meet her later.
  • Meeting freelancers online
  • Going off the beaten path...
  • Where to get tested, buy condoms, day-after pill etc.

I can also advice on other non-nightlife related topics such as...

• Learning to speak Thai
  • Finding an apartment and negotiating rent
  • How to order food (level of spiciness/sweetness, double portion size, allergies, etc..)
  • SIM-cards
  • Night markets and haggling
  • visa runs, applications, extensions, etc.

Most of this stuff you could find out about online but if you're only in town for a few days I could hopefully save you some time and maybe even spare you a misstep or two. 

I can't afford to go out as often as I'd like to but I'm expecting to have fun as well, so I'm only asking that you cover the beers and maybe some other expenses like sharing a taxi or some street food. Also if either party wants to cut the night short and split up that's fine as well, you don't owe me anything and I don't owe you anything. Not that it needs to be said but I can keep a secret and won't tell anyone else about where we go or what we get up to.

No idea if anyone will be interested but feel free to reply to this thread or send me a direct message.

• Upvote 3

Sounds good for newbies to BKK. Why not get creative and publish a blog like Stickman did. You could make a career out of it.

• Upvote 1

Sounds good for newbies to BKK. Why not get creative and publish a blog like Stickman did. You could make a career out of it.

Thanks! There are plenty of people on here who know more than me though about the nightlife specifically. 

I need some tutoring in the following, wonder if you can help me?

1. Surviving in BKK by only teaching 6 hours of English per week

2. Using FamilyMarts to loiter, and for pre-party drinking to reduce bar tabs

3. Staying in Thailand without a proper visa

4. Showing up to Thailand a 24 year old virgin and nailing 3 geeky college students in your first year

5. Making the most out of your Bachelor of Arts in Medieval Literature by charging an extra 50 Baht per hour for English Classes

6. Saving to one day purchase a 90cc two stroke third hand scooter made in Viet Nam

7. Living on 2 dishes of Meekrab per day: and putting the savings into Chang

8. Bilking Newbies out of Beers by providing Value

I'll gladly pay up 7 or 8 Leo's for this level of insight. Do I get a Certificate at the end of the lessons?

• Upvote 4

3. Staying in Thailand without a proper Visa

4. Showing up to Thailand a 24 year old virgin and nailing 3 geeky college students in your first year

5. Making the most out of your Bachelor of Arts in Medieval Literature by charging an extra 50 Baht per hour for English Classes

6. Saving to one day purchase a 90cc two stroke third hand scooter made in Viet Nam

I'll gladly pay up 7 or 8 Leo's for this level of insight. Do I get a Certificate at the end of the lessons?

3. Staying in Thailand without a proper Visa

9. Picking up girls from the 7/11

10. Or Terminal 21

11. Getting it for free

12. Dad dancing classes for Bamboo

13. Getting eye contact from anyone in Sapphire without buying them a drink first

14. The definitive ladyboy test

• Upvote 1

9. Picking up girls from the 7/11

10. Or Terminal 21

11. Getting it for free

12. Dad dancing classes for Bamboo

13. Getting eye contact from anyone in Sapphire without buying them a drink first

14. The definitive ladyboy test

15. The new sharing economy: 5 Roomates to a Rented Bedroom

16. Getting local Thai girls to do your laundry and buy you food

17. Learning Thai Kareoke songs to get free praise....... and free whiskey

18. Cambodia: Blowjobs and ass licking on the cheap!

19. Avoiding the Pitfalls of Waterbuffalo maintenance costs with your Thai girlfriend's farmer family

20. Leo vs Chang: 12% difference in price adds up over time

21. Combining visa runs to Laos with Dental Work: the new offshore healthcare

22. Going bareback: over 3 years here, I saved at least B 3000 on condoms vs antibiotics. You can too!

23. Isaan Mother in Laws and what they mean for the bottom line

24. How to be a Yob and a Buddhist at the same time

25. Mysteriously lost passports: your path to financial freedom

Alright, some funny replies here are making me realize I came off as a bit of a Cheap Charlie. There's definitely some truth to the stereotype of the guy who will take the baht bus, eat noodle soup every day and do anything to stay in Thailand. I just had a conversation via PM where I elaborated some:

I do enjoy showing someone around and sharing what experience I've got but if I'm going places I wouldn't often go on my own (such as taking a detour to Patpong or taking a walk through the Thermae) I'd at least like to cover my expenses. There are many things which are very much worth doing once but which I have seen a dozen times already.

I have in the past extended the reverse offer to other people and it can be great to have someone show you around that knows the terrain. In fact I'll be going to Vietnam soon and the last time I went I did offer to buy beer and food for whomever wanted to show me the best places to eat street food. Quite frankly I'd be much more qualified to lead a food tour or a language class.

Anyway, I'm staying here long term (my name on the lease, no flatmates, not a studio apartment, on a valid visa and with health insurance, and not out in Din Daeng either) and I figured I would have something to contribute. If anyone wants to just grab a beer and talk about life in Bangkok I'll be happy to pay for it myself. Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Hey Man,

Its cool that you are taking it as a good sport. South East Asia is full of guys trying to work the least, drink the most, bang the most as possible. Something unobtainable back home.

And it's cool you are trying to help out newbies too. That's worth a Singha or three.