Anyone wanna buy me a beer? I'll show you around.

So far I've been contacted by four people including one very interesting request to accompany a female friend of the guy who contacted me. Here are some ideas I proposed to him:

• Meet up around 6-7 pm and find a somewhat quiet seat where we can watch the Go Go-girls walking past on their way to work and get to know each other a bit and find out what she's into. Chat about different kinds of working girls, how to spot a ladyboy, common scams she might be might encounter in Bangkok, maybe some snappy jokes in Thai, discuss the morality of it all, anything goes.
  • Hit up one or more of the ladyboy-bars in Nana early on before they get too drunk and rowdy.
  • Go and eat some Isaan Thai food, get a mix of things that are tasty and a bit unusual, depending on how interested and adventurous she is. I used to work in fine dining and I can read menus more or less fluently so if she's curious about food this could be fun. Otherwise there's plenty of Western food to eat if she's not that interested.
  • Go and see a live show, e.g. Ping Pong, Bodypaint, girls performing various anatomical tricks on stage.. This is where I usually take women that are curious and they tend to appreciate it.
  • Depending on how into girls she is I might not take her to that many Go Go bars. Women don't tend to have as much fun going from bar to bar as guys do. I might take her to the rowdiest, most obscene venue (which would be Crazy House) if we're going only to one or two places. Then on the other hand if she's the type to get up on the table and dance herself or she'd even like to barfine a girl to go with us I've got some other places I would pick.
  • Probably a tuk-tuk ride to the Thermae just to see the madness of it when we're on the way between Nana and Cowboy. If she doesn't mind walking I'll show her the sights along the way, such as freelancers, scammers and Blowjob-bars.
  • Later on in the evening probably a trip to Silom and the male Go Go bars there. If she's really into this place (some girls are) we might end the evening here and I could even help her negotiate a barfine and figure out the logistics if that's what she's into (obviously no judgement on my part, and I'm good at forgetting).
  • If that's not her style we might end up at one of the nightclubs along Sukhumvit or if she's the type that wants to go clubbing we can even hit up RCA (most high end night club district in Bangkok where not many foreigners go). If we take this route I can stick around and make sure she gets back to her hotel safe and sound.

I've shown women around before and it tends to be fun albeit a bit different. There's plenty to see even if you're in it for the entertainment rather than chasing girls. Of course, some women like chasing girls as well.

Hi, just wondering...

if u can make income online, is it possible to stay and rent in Bangkok more than a month?

(I got a day job but just curious)

Please deposit 2 Changs before receiving answer.

• Upvote 1

Hi, just wondering...

if u can make income online, is it possible to stay and rent in Bangkok more than a month?

(I got a day job but just curious) 

Whaddya mean? If you have money you can stay indefinitely. The longer you stay the more hassle you'll have with visas, but on the other hand your other costs go down. I'm on a one year lease, which is significantly cheaper than a short term rental, which in turn is significantly cheaper than a hotel or AirBnB. Also have yearly gym membership, post-paid phone and internet, only transfer money every few months so saving on bank charges, etc.

Please deposit 2 Changs before receiving answer.

Of course, "cheaper" doesn't necessarily mean that you save money. It could also mean that you spend the same money but get a lot better value for it. I currently live in the best apartment I've ever had.

The places I've lived in Bangkok (one month or longer) actually range from ฿3500/month (shacked up with a bargirl) to a two storey condo with an ฿80.000.000 price tag. I've been a regular at dirty street stalls but I've also eaten at Michelin star restaurants. When I went to Saigon earlier this month I spent three days straight drinking some of the most amazing craft beer I've tasted in my life. The last time a bargirl offered to fuck me for free I ended up giving her ฿2000, because I'm such a bleeding heart captain save-a-hoe.

I guess I am obsessed with getting value for my money. Working in a luxury industry you see people paying high prices for garbage and you realize that sometimes there's literally no correlation between value and cost.

I'm actually meeting up with the first guy that's contacted me so far and in preparation for his visit I spent >฿1000 trying out a new restaurant that I thought he might enjoy. If we go on the BTS I've already got a Rabbit-card to give him so he doesn't have to queue up. If we need to go somewhere I've got GRAB set up in my phone so we can get places smoothly. If he would need XL Condoms or ultrathin ones (e.g. Sagami) or Kamagra I already have that covered without taking a detour. I already went past Suzy Wong's to ask when the live-show starts so we could time it right. I even got an extra umbrella for him in case it starts to rain.

Now maybe he'll reimburse me for whatever I spend or maybe he won't, in any case I'm not fretting. This particular guy has already shown reciprocity, but even if he hadn't, I'm expecting to lose some money doing this. I guess that's why it rubs me the wrong way that someone thinks I would count beers on a bar tab or try to sneak freebies. I do hope to get something out of it, but it has to be win-win, otherwise I'd feel too ashamed to accept any favors.

The places I've lived in Bangkok (one month or longer) actually range from ฿3500/month (shacked up with a bargirl) to a two storey condo with an ฿80.000.000 price tag. 

I'm actually meeting up with the first guy that's contacted me so far and in preparation for his visit I spent >฿1000 trying out a new restaurant that I thought he might enjoy. If we go on the BTS I've already got a Rabbit-card to give him so he doesn't have to queue up. If we need to go somewhere I've got GRAB set up in my phone so we can get places smoothly. If he would need XL Condoms or ultrathin ones (e.g. Sagami) or Kamagra I already have that covered without taking a detour. I already went past Suzy Wong's to ask when the live-show starts so we could time it right. I even got an extra umbrella for him in case it starts to rain.

wow u pay only 3500b a month? that's very cheap!

sharing? how many people?

wow u sound like a lovely husband hahaha

the amount of preparation u willing to do for a stranger amaze me haha...

Well think about it? Most people don't bring an umbrella in their carry-on, but if you don't have one when you need it you're going to get soaked. If you wanna take a train during rush hour you're going to have to queue up to exchange bills to coins, then queue up again to buy a ticket from the machines. That's why I always have another card with me, so that if I'm with a friend I can just swipe them through.

It's called providing value. Basically you solve problems for other people and help them out and in return many of them will help you out in return. For example, I met up with a guy yesterday and he brought me a bottle of wine from Europe. In return I did my best to show him around Bangkok. If I succeeded then that's a pretty clear win-win to me.

how much ur rent now?

Apartments in my building are between 18000-20000, but I negotiated it down a bit.

It's called providing value. Basically you solve problems for other people and help them out and in return many of them will help you out in return. For example, I met up with a guy yesterday and he brought me a bottle of wine from Europe. In return I did my best to show him around Bangkok. If I succeeded then that's a pretty clear win-win to me.

Apartments in my building are between 18000-20000, but I negotiated it down a bit.

u a very nice person, I will let u know if i'm coming to Bangkok again, would love to hv a beer with u or hit Thermae together...

wow expensive, the whole apartment by urself? how long already u stayed in Bangkok?

• 2 weeks later...

I've lived in Bangkok for a few years and I think I can offer some value if you're new. Such as... 

Most of this stuff you could find out about online but if you're only in town for a few days I could hopefully save you some time and maybe even spare you a misstep or two ...

No idea if anyone will be interested but feel free to reply to this thread or send me a direct message.

I might take you up on the offer on my next trip. No concrete plans yet though. 

• Upvote 1