EVA Airlines

So I have been researching my options for my flight to BKK.  I haven't had a lot of experience with airlilnes that operate in Asia.  I have some choices that are all about the same price give or take 50$ (USD).  

EVA Airlines or China Eastern Airlines?

Both flight would have 1 stop and the time in travel is about the same.  I thinking more of customer service and in air experience people have had (food, drinks, entertainment). 

Thanks for any input of the situation. 

EVA has been my airline of choice for over ten years. Infinitely better than any of the Chinese airlines I've been on (domestic and international).

I fly at the pointed end, but EVA's Premium Economy looks good too.

• Upvote 1

EVA has been my airline of choice for over ten years. Infinitely better than any of the Chinese airlines I've been on (domestic and international).

I fly at the pointed end, but EVA's Premium Economy looks good too.

I would totally agree. I’ve only ever flown PRC airlines in business class, which is a pretty rough experience...just like US airlines; my only time in EVA was transatlantic in premium economy. This one experience was really good. More like what you’d expect of Singapore Airlines, Asiana, ANA etc.

I would totally agree. I’ve only ever flown PRC airlines in business class, which is a pretty rough experience...just like US airlines; my only time in EVA was transatlantic in premium economy. This one experience was really good. More like what you’d expect of Singapore Airlines, Asiana, ANA etc.

Sir Jon:

So you like Asiana Airlines also?  About the same as EVA?  

Thanks again to everyone answers!

Sir Jon:

So you like Asiana Airlines also? About the same as EVA?

Thanks again to everyone answers!

I can’t compare like with like, as I’ve only flown Asiana in business, and EVA in premium economy. I imagine economy in Asiana must be good, as business class is really good. I hope that helps.

Thanks for all the input on the airlines.  Just glad I live near a major airport that has a lot of options to choose from.  My plan is just to get the basic ticket nothing fancy.  I wish I had a bunch of miles saved up for a upgrade but no such luck.

• 3 weeks later...

My recent trips have all been with EVA.

Their Premium Economy service is worth it.

And departing time from my US location is just past midnight, so I arrive to BKK by early afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk