Airport Rail/BTS or Taxi?

400 baht including tolls for a taxi from the hotel, so I booked it for tomorrow morning.  At least no sweating and hauling bags around.  

I've sweated so much this trip, I can't wait to get back to Canada.  

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

400 baht including tolls for a taxi from the hotel, so I booked it for tomorrow morning.  At least no sweating and hauling bags around.  

I've sweated so much this trip, I can't wait to get back to Canada.

Who did you book with?400baht including tolls for a reserved/booked taxi is a great deal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Im a train person if im travelling light!

Journey time is guranteed (important on layovers)

Taxi’s run the risk of traffic which when only in town for less than a day can be time better spent elsewhere :)

• 4 weeks later...

I plan on taking a bus from Suvarnabhumi to around the nana area (35 baht), as it is operational 24 hours a day and I will be arriving at 11:55PM.

This is at least based off what I saw from a google search.. can anyone else confirm that it runs 24 hours?

I prefer to take the rail and transfer to bts. Get close to your hotel/destination then take a taxi. Itll save you double “the trip to and the trip back). Worth it imoZ the rail has spots for your luggage usually. The bts might not but again you could just take a taxi after u transfer to bts if u got alot of luggage, will still probably be cheaper than taking the taxi from the airport. The only problem is if your plane arrives late, as bts closes at 12.

But yea, rail is way cheaper than the stupid taxi service, and every little bit of baht you save on other stuff is more baht towards what you want to spend it on.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the taxi from Suvarnabhumi to the Asok area or reverse still 400 baht? My hotel's site, the Westin, is saying that it's 800 baht each way.

I recently took a taxi from Four Points Soi 15 (very close to The Westin) to the airport and metered fare was 221 not using the tollway.

In the past going from the airport to Four Points the cost has been around 300 to 350, so allowing for traffic delays etc. 400 should be maximum allowed.

If you do not have too much luggage and arrival time is between 6am and 10pm approx then the ARL/ MRT to get to The Westin is very easy to do.

I travel with a large suitcase and backpack and manage easily, just stand near the right hand side doors for easy exit at each station.