Airport Rail/BTS or Taxi?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my last trip I hired a car through the travel agent.  It worked out great, but was definitely more expensive.  I arrived around 10pm so traffic wasn’t bad.  I’m arriving early morning on my next trip.  I haven’t decided on transportation yet, but if I’m able to travel with just carry on I might take the train.  Any idea what time the morning rush hour starts?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know, it's cheaper to take the rail to downtown, but with a suitcase and tired from the flight I don't like to carry that from train to train.
For 500 to 700 Bath I just take a regular cab from BKK or less than 300 Bath from DMK.

I know, it's cheaper to take the rail to downtown, but with a suitcase and tired from the flight I don't like to carry that from train to train.

For 500 to 700 Bath I just take a regular cab from BKK or less than 300 Bath from DMK.

I've only on 1 occasion had a taxi fare above 500 THB to Nana area (meter ran fast scam) and all the other fares have been around 400 including tolls etc.

Because of some of the scamming and drivers wanting fixed fares or demanding tips I take the ARL from Swampy now.

Looking at jumping into a cab (considering trading) at around 3.30pm from BKK

I will have a suitcase so my preference is taxi - however am I likely to have a horror show with traffic?

I’ve taken the train before and it’s easy when travelling light - so maybe preference is the cab - but not at all costs (time wise )

Rough time to Sukhumvit??

Looking at jumping into a cab (considering trading) at around 3.30pm from BKK

I will have a suitcase so my preference is taxi - however am I likely to have a horror show with traffic?

I’ve taken the train before and it’s easy when travelling light - so maybe preference is the cab - but not at all costs (time wise )

Rough time to Sukhumvit??

As long as he takes the tollway it's not going to be too bad. Should run between 250-350 (at most) plus around 100-120 baht for tolls.